cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap adapter performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currently doing integration between legacy and SAP with Soap sender adapter at the source side and IDoc in the target.

We have developed a Java stand alone client for triggering the data to the soap adapter through URL.

The problem which i am facing now is related to performance.

So we did some R&D on performance and results are seen below:-

1000 records from legacy took 8 mintues to process completely (end to end)

2000 records taking too much of time 25 minutes to process.

The mapping in PI is very simple and does not have CCBPM too. We only have an RFC lookup, which also is having only once consolidating all the data which i recieve as a part of the payload.

Looking at the above timings, please suggest that is there is any way to tune the process and increase my performance.

The data load for a single message which i have mentioned above is very less. Possibly we are expecting close to 6000 to 8000 line items as part of the soap payload. Please do provide your valuable inputs on the same. Your replies will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dhana

Dhanachezhiyan Mahalingam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhana,

There could be 2 ways to go for the problem,

1. Discontinue using SOAP and switch to HTTP

2. U could not change the adapter and improve the performance to existing scenario.

1. According to the architecture of XI, SOAP adapter resides on Java stack and HTTP on ABAP stack. Now when the message enters XI, the comunication between ABAP and Java stack could be avoided if u use HTTP. SOAP adapter will go from ABAP-Java-ABAP

Also, SOAP adds some overhead in the form of the SOAP envelope. So this is avoided in HTTP case.

2. Do the performance analysis as mentioned here,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/42/e7bb8f7c9d3ee0e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

/people/tobias.trapp/blog/2007/05/04/web-services-overhead-of-soap-runtime

<i>

[Reward if helpful]</i>

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhana,

When the no of messages to be processed are more

<b>u should avoid SOAP and should prefer HTTP over it </b> as SOAP has following disadavantages.

1.XML very <b>detailed, tag-heavy</b>

2.XML produces a <b>lot of overhead </b> for small

3.Not strictly-typed XML.

The above mentioned problems really make SOAP s performance very slow.

Regards,

Ashwin M

Reward if helpful