cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Que stion to NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

when I perform a J2EE / Portal upgrade via JSPM tool, I have (or not) to select if the system is unter NWDI control.

When I choose lets say DEV system, which information is given to the NWDI?

That a new stack or component versions will be installed?

Thanks and Regards,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you haven't made any modifications to software components delivered by SAP you could ignore step and apply the SP witout any troubles (choose NO).

If you have made modifications and you choose NO, all modified software components will be replaced by new SAP versions. If you choose YES, you have to choose the role of the runtime system (DEV or CONS). JSPM will only import unmodified SCs into the system. Have a look at

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/17/9a31a407584ca3a9df82e3fe50b484/frameset.htm">Maintenance of an NWDI-Driven System Landscape</a> to get the details.

regards,

daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

thanks for you answer, it's clear now.

Regards,

Andreas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

You will choose this option only if you want to do modifications. When you choose this option, JSPM will not deploy to your runtime system, instead it will put the scas in the inbox of NWDI. You then import these into your track and performed the deployment through there.

Hope that helps

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello good morning Abdul,

thanks for your response.

I'm not sure if I understand you correct. If I want to upgrade a portal / j2ee with a new stack the JSPM deploys directly to my runtime system and don't copy the files to NWDI... or am I wrong?

Best Regards,

Andreas