cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap does not support

Former Member
0 Kudos

I faced this question my y'day interview. Have you faced any business scenario which Sap does not support? how you over come that problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gopal.,

Yes client asked me for the legacy customer field which is not there in Standard SAP, we have done through userexit,and also we want customer phone number in sales order,which is not there in SAP,so we have done with the help of user exit

REWARD if helpfull

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gopala,

there are some special business processes which SAP does not support. These processes are mostly documented in the SAP notes or SAP documentation. Only several examples from SD:

assembly processing cannot be used in scheduling agreements with delivery schedules;

BOM explosion in the scheduling agreements is not supported;

in the frames of the standard self-billing process you can send the credit advice only to one delivery, to several deliveries in one IDOC - is not supported.

To many processes which are not supported there are modification notes of SAP. It means either there are some restrictions, when the process will be used, or the process is very specific and can allow also another solution.

Many processes are not realized in the system and are not supported in the standard, but may be developed with the help of user-exits, customer functions or BADI's.

There is a very small part of processes which really cannot be realized. In many cases there is SAP note or docu that the process should not be used. Then it is better not to try to modify to avoid the inconsistencies or ask SAP for a consulting solution in the frames of a remote/spot consulting or customer project.

I hope, this overview helps you further.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support IMS SAP, Walldorf/Germany