cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDIFACT Converter for SAP XI 3.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have heard that there is no own or out-of-the-box EDI converter/adapter available for SAP XI 3.0. that has been developed by SAP itself. Is this true?

Do you have an overview over resellers/suppliers who deliver EDI converters and maybe also a comparision of the features and additional license fees that have to be considered?

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i> have heard that there is no own or out-of-the-box EDI converter/adapter available for SAP XI 3.0. that has been developed by SAP itself. Is this true?</i>

Yes it is true.but we have some EDI mapping converters.like BIC mapper , cantio mapper .. EDI converters..

but not adapters..

See belowlinks for some details about seeburger and others may helps you..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/135b0b94-0701-0010-f6a9-86a...

/people/bla.suranyi/blog/2006/06/08/sap-xi-supports-edifact

/people/william.li/blog/2006/03/17/how-to-get-started-using-conversion-agent-from-itemfield

/people/paul.medaille/blog/2005/11/17/more-on-the-sap-conversion-agent-by-itemfield

[Removed by the moderator.]

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0b355ae-0501-0010-3b83-8f2...

Check this for Conversions-

/people/bla.suranyi/blog/2006/06/08/sap-xi-supports-edifact

Regards

Chilla

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chilla,

><i>Yes it is true.but we have some EDI mapping converters.like BIC mapper , cantio mapper .. EDI converters..

but not adapters</i>

Seeburger provides EDI adapters,

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

thank you very much for your first batch of answers.

According to my knowledge the essential things that are needed for a comprehensive EDI solution are the

mapping functionalities (XML-EDI) -- if all fails this could be done one ones own

adapter/connectivity -- if the partner relies for example on AS2 then I may have no other choice than choosing the Seeburger Adapter for example.

What do you think?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, the adapters from SeeBurger come bundled with such mappings to convert XML to EDI formats and so does Conversion Agent.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gao,

Check my answer in this thread which may give you some idea on this:

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Feiyang,

It is true that SAP does not provide its own EDI converter/Adapter.

According to my knowledge some EDI converter providers are Seeburger, Stylus.

You can also write modules in XI to convert from EDI to XML n vice versa.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Latika.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 classffications of EDI Convertrs Currently available.

1. SeeBurger EDI adapters --> These are adapter developed by SeeBurger and that can be installed and used with XI for Interfacing with EDI systems.

2. Itemfiield Conversion Agent --> This is a RunTime Engine that converts the XML data to EDI format and viceversa. It also does conversion of other documents like PDF, Excel etc to XML.

Regards

Bhavesh