cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to enter developer access key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

By logging on through the OSS login have created developer key. But how to register it with the R/3??? Which is the T-code and what are the steps involved???

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joydeep,

I tried doing, changes in the existing tables using the T-code se11, and SE38. But its not only asking me for the developer key but also the SCCR key for the object i am trying to change.

Please guide me what should i do in this case??

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

This will be because you wil be making changes to standard SAP objects. For such objects SCCR key is needed. Simply try creating/changing a temporary object(report,function moduke,table with name starting with a Z or Y, hence often called Z or Y objects.) and then you will only get a pop up for developer access key.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jitendra_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

I have new S/4 HANA system and I tried to create a new test custom program and expected that it will pop up a window asking me for a developer's key but it didn't.

My question is: Where do we enter the developer's key? Is it needed at all?

Sultanuddin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I am using SAP R/3 4.7 EE IDES (640 Release), and I am not able to create any Z program. Please can you help me with the access key....

Waiting for your reply...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Access keys are created for each sAP installaion. As access key used in one installation for a USer id can not be used for another installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

First i requested you to get in touch with ABAP moulde lead and get confirmation

mail from customer, then only we can create Developer Access key.

Procedure explains how to obtain a developer key:

a) Log into OSS.

b) Click on the Registration button and then click the Register Developer button.

c) Select appropriate customer installation.

d) Enter the user ID in the user box,.

e) Click on the Register button.

f) Copy the KEY (by highlighting and using ctrl/c for copy and ctrl/v for paste) and email the user

of his key. The ctrl/c, ctrl/v ensures that the complete key is copied since it is a very long

number.

g) Click the Cancel button when done or click the Register button to register another developer.

h) Click the green '¬ ' to exit.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

Just try to create/change any report,function module,table and you will get a prompt for the development access key.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Developer access key is the one that will be prompted for the first time when you try to change any report or function module in R/3 system.

Regards,

Bharath

Message was edited by:

Munagala Bharath Reddy