Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

wish to find out if there is a way when creating customer master record but not creating the company code view, system will prompt an error or a warning message to maintain the company code data.

Dyl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

T.code VD01

REWARD IF IT HELPS

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

nandakumar_v2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dylan

Since you cannot stop User from creating using VD01, suggest the following:

Update the field KNA1-AUFSD (entral order block for customer) with appropriate code by using a User exit for VD01 at the time of using VD01.

This would prevent the SO creation until the block is removed by Authorised user - who will do it after the Accounting view is created.

cheers

Nandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We create customer master using two types of T-codes

<b>VD01</b>- We can access General data & Sales Area Data(Sales area required)

<b>XD01</b>- We can Access General data, Sales Area data and Company code data(sales area+ Company code required )

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we use T.Code: XD01 for creating customer master data, it will not allow you to proceed without maintaining Company Code data (Reconcilation Account being required field). However, if we do not want to ctreate company Code Data & an FI Consultant will create the same in future, we can use T.Code: VD01 to create Customer master for relevant sales area.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if useful.

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

or can i prevent the sales order from being created if there is no company code view created for the customer via user exit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

A simple and easy way could be to remove the authorization for VD01 transaction for the users who creates the customer master data and give the XD01 transaction instead to them.Now they will have to provide CC data while creating customer.

Reward if this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dylan,

The best option according to me would be to restrict the user from creating the Sales Area view before the Company Code View, instead of blocking the order entry.

I'm sure there but be an user exit available in VD01 option where you could add the logic to check if the company code data is available in table KNB1. Sit with an ABAPer to get the name of the user exit.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

no.. i cannot make it optional.. then the customer will be saved. I want a warning message to say that no company code data is maintained.

is there any way ?

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

and i cannot make the fields in CC view mandatory. because they are maintained by 2 different department. if it is made mandatory, the customer cannot be saved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto account groups... there put all fields as opitional and save.. then you can make and save...

reward if it helps..

ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI.,\

Check out if any user exit to make the field company code mandatory in XD01

REWARD if helpfull

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

sorry... i don't think i made myself clear.

what i meant was, if i am creating customer master but if i did not create the company code view, i want the system to prompt me error/warning message.

my scenerio is that the people who create the sales view and company code view are different dept. And the ppl who create the sales view will go on to create the sales order which is possible without the cc view.

That is what the finance (ppl who create the cc view) do not want. They want to review the customer before creating the company code view. If rejected, they will not approve of the customer and thus will not create the cc view. But by then the sales order is already done which is a legal document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

VO01 is T.Code for creating customer master for Sales purpose. We will maintain General data & Sales Area Data for the same. An important information, suppose FI consultant have already created the customer & maintained General data & Company Code data, in that case in VD01 only the sales Area Tab will be available to you (subject to creating Customer master with same code).

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

use the transaction code VD01 when you are creating a customer. so you will be creating the customer with only general data and sales area data

or when you are creating an account group supress all the fileds in the company code data section.

Please reward the points if it is helpful

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use VD01 for Sales area wise customer master creation.

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit