cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Procedure Configuartion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I would like to know how the system calculates (adds or finds a basis for pricing) when nothing is entered in From and To fields in Pricing procedure.

See the Pricing Procedure RVAA01 below

Step.......Ctype........Description.......From....To.....Subto....Reqt...AltCTy....AltCBv

...8.........EK01......................................................B..........2..............................

.11.........PR00...................................................................2.............................

.13.........PB00...................................................................2.............................

.20.........VA00...................................................................2.............................

100.........................Gross Value............................1......................2..................

400..........................Rebate Basis..........................7.........................................

903..........................Net Value 3.......................................................................

.......................................................................................................................

I would like to know how the system in Step # 100 calculates (adds) all the values from 1-99 with out entering anything in <i>From</i> & <i>To</i> fields.

Similarly, in Step # 400, how does the system know the rebate basis is the Net Value when the From field is kept blank

Also in step 903, there is nothing entered in any of the fields. So how will it make the addition?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Procing calcualtons are controlled in this 16 coloum table. Any pricing Basic price is the basic for further calculations. First PR00 is taken automatically if you have maintained in condition records. This is the base price. Then next condition is accesed, if it is a discount then is subtracted from the basic price.

Condition type for discount has 'X' in plus/minus field, ie. negative value. So, discount value is subtracted. If it is possitive then it will be added from the basic price.Likewise calcualtions are carried out from step 1 to 100.

Step 400 has 7 in sub total field. The value in that step is passed to that sub total field then the value is stored as rebate is accounting based on the account key and account determination settings.

step 903 also calculated as above. From , To field are useful for oter calculations. Ex: A particular discount to be calculated at the value of step 11, then we can assign step 11 for that discount.

Reward if helpful.

Shiva, SD consultant.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The values can be determined using various ways.

1.From or To base values

2. One of routines (Alt.C.Type, Alt.C.BV, Reqmt, etc)

3. Manual entry

4. Based on condition category (in case of free goods for example)

Pls assign reward points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends, my question is not answered yet. If you see the standard pricing procedure on SAP, u see that system makes addition of many steps with out even giving any values in “Frm” & “To” fields or sometimes with out even giving any values in “Reqt” or “AltCal” type fields. The steps that I provided is picked from Std SAP system. In step 100, system calculates Net value by adding steps 1 to 99. My question is how does this calculation happens with out motioning 1 & 99 in “Frm” & “To” fields of step 100

Same way in Step 400, the system takes NetValue as basis for rebate from step 100. How does this happen? Again the “Frm” field in step 400 is blank

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you didn't understand my answer.System calculates as follows,

Basic price 1000 ( no plus/ minus set for price condition)

Discount 1. 100 ( 'X'- negative in condition type make subtracting

discount 2. 200 from basi price)

Discount 3. 150

Total disc 450 ( this total can be done by using sub total

-

/or u can use From/To coloum)

Net value after disc 550 ( u can pass this value to sub total for further

calculation)

Freight 100 ( 'A'- Positive in condition type make addition)

Tax 50 ('A'- Positive in condition type )

-

Rebate basis 700 ( 7 in sub total pass this value to some structure

from there stored in table as rebate acrual)

Try this by creating one new pricing procedure with out any condition type and add one by one and create sale order and check how calculations are made.

This is the way. Go through the help and do.

<b>Reward if helpful.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>From| To</b>: These are used to define the progression of the calculation and range of subtotals .The values entered in these forms the basis of condition surcharge. if you dont specify a reference steps the condition value of the current steps are only taken, otherwise the condition value of the step specified are added to the condition value of the reference steps with the condition value of the existing step.

Suppose

From To

10 - -

20 - -

30 10 20

In step 30 it will take both the condition value in step 30 + condition value of step to condition value of step 20

award points if it heps

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case if From & To are not maintained in pricing procedure, it is mainatined through condition record or manually, as per the condition type. The best example is freight condition, as it cannot be calculated based on some other condition type or set of condition type. It is independend, but forms a part of pricing.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.