cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I am have working on PDM(Team center), VPM(Enovia DPM) and Catia V5 since 2 years now and I am planning to change to SAP PLM. Can any one help me Do i need to Have knowledge in any other things other then PDM, VPM to start up with SAP PLM.

If I want to take p my certification in SAP PLM where can i get it,( Do i need to contact Siemens for it or i can try with some other place)

Your help will be Appreciated

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am having 5 yrs of Exp & my area of work is in CATIA Automotive. I have a little knowledge of Smarteam( PDM Tool). I am planning to **** to PLM in my organisation.

I wanted to learn SAP PLM. Which momodule should I learn first.

Regards

Madhusudhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

1.As you have worked in PDM (Team Center), and other CAD packages, you will be knowing the Functional processes/activities involved in the PLM which is very much required to learn and give solutions in SAP PLM.

2. As you must have worked with BOM, Documents, workflows, Organizational hierarchies, Roles & Responsibilities (Draftsmen, Junior/Assist Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Project Manager etc etc) and their authorizations.

3. So with these things it is very easy to learn & work with SAP PLM, if you are currently working in non-sap or any functional domain, you can join any SAP implementation company as a Trainee or Fresher and get trained on SAP

or there are many training institutes which train SAP even for 25-30K without certification. (You will get a fare idea about what SAP is )

Even SAP PLM starts with PDM Objects like, Material Master, Document Managment System, Engineering Change Managment (Versioning/Revisioning for BOM, MM, DIR), Bill of Materials, Classification System (Classes, Characteristics, Object Dependencies etc) all this are PDM Objects in SAP.

And there is Collaboration Projects, Collabortion Folders and CAD Integrations. etc these all together constitutes a SAP PLM

For Certification on SAP PLM below mentioned are details. and follow the link as well

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/certification

SAP Consultant Certification
Solution Consultant PLM - Project Management with mySAP ERP 2005
Software components: SAP ERP Central Component 6.0

Certification exam is included in course TPLM22 and is also offered in separate certification events at many SAP locations.

Certification ID (Booking code):

C_TPLM22_05

Certification duration: 3 hours

Number of certification questions: 30

Required certificates for participation in this certification test: None

Consultant Academy courses for certification preparation: TPLM20 (Project Management I), TPLM22 (Project Management II (Case Study))

Alternative Project Team Training courses for certification preparation:

PLM

(Project Management),

PLM210

(Project Management - Structuring),

PLM 220

(Project Management – Logistic),

PLM230

(Project Management – Controlling),

PLM240

(Project Management – Reporting)

Please note that you are not allowed to use any reference materials during the certification test (no access to online documentation or to any SAP system).

The certification test Solution Consultant PLM – Project Management with mySAP ERP 2005 verifies the knowledge in the area of the mySAP Product Lifecycle Management for the consultant profile Project Management. This certificate proves that the candidate has a basic understanding within this consultant profile, and can implement this knowledge practically in projects.

The certification test consists of questions from the areas specified below:

Topic Areas

1. Project Structuring (+++)

Basic data in PS: work breakdown structure, network and activities, milestones, PS texts, documents
Project Builder and project planning board
Project simulation
Standard work breakdown structure, standard network
Assembly processing

2. Dates (+)

Time scheduling and scheduling (network scheduling, project scheduling, overall network scheduling)
Actual dates

3. Resources (+)

Work center
Capacity planning and capacity evaluation
Workforce planning to HR resource
Confirmation and working time sheet
Internet scenarios
Workflows in PS

4. Material (+)

Work breakdown structure BOM
BOM PS interface
Component assignment in the network
Material procurement through in-house production or external procurement
Collective stock and project stock
Requirements grouping
Progress tracking
ProMan
Delivery from the project

5. Costs and Budget (++)

Cost planning in the work breakdown structure
Network costing
Assigning orders to the project
Budgeting and availability control
Commitment and actual costs through account assignment and order assignment

6. Revenue and Payments (+)

Revenue and payment planning in the project
Sales pricing and quotation creation
Resource-related billing
Milestone billing and down payment processing

7. Period-End Closing (+)

Template allocation
Application of overhead
Interest calculation
Progress analysis and Progress Analysis Workbench.
Results analysis
Incoming orders
Settlement

8 Miscellaneous (+)

Exernal service and service activities
Organizational units in SAP ERP
Info systems in project management
Field selection
OpenPS
Amount of questions by topic (as percentage of test):

+ = 1 - 10%
++ = 11 - 20%
+++ = over 20%

No responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information. Copyright © SAP AG 2006.

Very Important:

http://mysapbi.blogspot.com/2007/01/sap-help-in-pdf-files.html

Regards
Rehman

Reward Points if Useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehman

Thanks for the Info

regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I reqeust you all if anyone can send me PLM-210 / 230 / 240 series study materials.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Ranjan