Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of possible JDBC adapter errors

former_member190313
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi all

At a client side i am required to configure IDOC - JDBC scenario.

i.e my scenario is :

as soon as master data at R/3 side will be created / updated , IDOC will be triggered and will be passed to XI. XI will create this master data in the clients ORACLE database.

I am trying to anayze all the possible runtime errors that meight occur while running this scenario live , so that i can handle them using alerts ,

Few errors that i know are

- database shutdown - no reciver found

- The record already present at oracle

- error in mapping

please suggest me all such more errors .

Regards

Sheetal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I check the following OSS note

<a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/831162">831162</a>

for more possible errors

regards

krishna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

See the SAPNote : JDBC Adapter: Note 831162 for JDBC errors and (around 25 qs and ans) solutions given by SAP.

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal ,

List of possible JDBC adapter errors

1>You will get error if you specified incorrect data type ( i. e you specify action as element instead of specifiying as attribute .

2> The connection string is not properly defined ( i,.e connection type is not specified as cluster )

3> In case of insert you can get primary key violation error if you try to insert duplicate

4>Also in case of insert/update if pass incorrect data type of or data of longer length than what is specified in DB you will get data truncation error .

5> In case of update stmt if your table has got composite primary key then you should specify all the fields which forms a coposite key under Key section in your inbound data type .

Thanks ,

Suvarna

Pls award pts if you find this answer userful which will motivate me to answer your further queries .

former_member190313
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

thanks suvarna..

Regards

Sheetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below are few common errors while working with JDBC:

1. Error: Accessing database connection

2. 'jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://<ip add>:1433;DatabaseName=XXXXX;' failed: DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://<ip add>:1433;DatabaseName=XXXXX;':

3. SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Cannot open database requested in login 'vendor'. Login fails.

4. If there is any typo error in the path.

5. SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan