cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SP Stack 12 --- New Features ?

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

As the SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SP Stack 12 is out , and more features are added in that .Can anybody tell what are the new features added for wd-abap?.

Regards

Yashpal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

now that the SP12 documentation has been released on the help portal, here's the link to the release notes about Web Dynpro ABAP: <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/f69e1097c341b2e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm">first release note</a> and the two items below this one refer to WDA.

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heidi.

What I do not understand is why the search helps are so strange now. I mean the Button 'Filters'.

All of the user that tested our app so far, did initially click on the OK button and wondered why nothing was searched. This is not very intuitional.

If this Button would be called execute it would be better I guess.

Cheers,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that's just the way the usability people said it would be best, so that's the way it is, and the translation proceeded accordingly. But I can ask the translation colleagues whether it's possible to change it in the next SP.

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Heidi.

But there is no way to change it manually, is it?

Cheers,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm, I'm not sure if it's possible to change translations via SE63.

But perhaps SAP note 1050954 helps?

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the two main points are that the context properties were enhanced and that the F4 help has a new design.

Context properties:

It is no longer necessary to create a separate context attribute for each UI element property. You can bind the properties listed below to the context attribute of the associated primary property, without having to create a new context attribute. This applies to the properties:

enabled

readOnly

state

visible

You will find the following examples in the system:

WDR_TEST_CTXT_PROP_PERF with a comparison of the old and new functions

WDR_TEST_CTXT_PROPERTIES for dynamic programming

F4 help

The design of input help (search help, F4 help) has been changed for elementary and collective search help in order to optimize the user interface, You can find more information about changes to the user interface in SAP Note 1008161.

Regards, Heidi

Ulli_Hoffmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Heidi,

question regarding controlling the visibility of table columns: Is this also covered by the new concept of setting context properties?

It seems that only elements of the context can be set, i.e. table rows. How do i proceed in order to control the visibility of an entire column?

regards, Ulli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulli.

I am on Sp11 and the visibility property of table colums works fine with context binding.

Cheers,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulli,

Please post this in a seperate thread as this will help to track this particular question better. This will also keep in line with the convention of having a seperate thread per question / issue.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramalingam.

I think this question is related to this thread as he asks for a feature in SP12.

Cheers,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The post ends close to asking for a solution to hide table columns - I felt that this is relevant irrespective of SPs.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ups, yes you are right.