cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP - saving 'forecast errors' in a key figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO DP V5.

When running forecasts, either interactively or in mass processing, I want to store the forecast error (eg MAPE) in a key figure in my planning area. So, for example if I run a forecast in period n, I would store MAPE value in a key figure called for example ZMAPE in period n.

Has anyone done this before?

I note that BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_FCST4 exists. This BADI may be relevant, but I am unclear how it really works. Any ideas on this?

Thanks, Bob Austin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob

Can't you use a macro to fill the key figure. Use the function MAPE() to do this:

MAPE( X1 ; ... ; Xn ; Y1 ; ... ; Yn ) returns the mean absolute percentage error for the values X1, Y1 through Xn, Yn. The arguments can be numbers that you enter in Operator/function dialog boxes, as well as cell(s), row(s), column(s) or area(s) from the planning table or the auxiliary table.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

but MAPE() would be able to get the mean absolute percentage error for two key figures. I have the following doubts in your answer, if you would be kind enough to explain.

1. how am i going to get the expost forecast values into a key figure in the planning book

2.how would we know the horizon for the generation of the expost forecast

Thanks

Answers (0)