cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass a parameter to component?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two components comp1 & comp2 in WD4A.

When i click one hyperlink in comp1, it navigates to comp2.

i need to pass one parameter from comp1 to comp2. <b>How ?</b>

i need to get that parameter in comp2. <b>how?</b>

Plz help on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I guess, you are using outbound and inbound plug to navigate. Then, you can have some parameters defined in the outbound plug which can be acessed via inbound plug of other component.

For comp1's outbound plug define some parameters. For comp2's inbound plug ( for which navigation link is made with above outbound plug) you can see above parameters in the method's signature.

Thanks,

Prashanth

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In comp2 there is a default inbound plug for the window create a parameter which u need say para1 .

in comp1 uwill be havind some window in which u have to add the interfaceview (i.e window u want to call ) of comp2 and in the view of comp1 u have to create a outbound plug and then create a navigation link from this to the default plug of interface view .

when on click of ur link ..some eventhandler is called in that fire this plug and pass the parameter value of para1 .

Regards,

Yashpal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/22/15a441cd47a209e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">cross-component context mapping</a> ?

Regards, Heidi