Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Masterlanguage in WebDynpro

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to change the masterlanguage of a WebDynpro project?

Unfortunatly I´ve created my project with masterlanguage english (default). Now I need to switch to german.

I´ve already changed all "en" entities to "de" in all .wd files of the folder /src/ and in the file .tssapinfo in the root folder of my project.

This does not have any effect. Where do I have to adjust the language?

Thx

Helmut

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

if the masterlanguage is already set as "en" within a project, you nee to set first in every .wd* file (Web Dynpro Metadata) and in every ,dt-file (dictionary metadata) the attribute "masterLanguage" to "de". If you use an "older" version of the IDE, there will be probably a lot of *_en.xlf-files. All these files need to be renamed to *_de.xlf. Also, you need to edit manually: rename source-language="en" to source-language="de" and .

After all, a rebuild should create the german .properties-Files.

Please let me know, if that mechanism works.

Best regards, Karin

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Karin,

I´ve already done all the things you described (don´t have "_en.xlf", only ...xlf) and rebuilt the project several times.

After each rebuild there are still only

Resource[compname]Comp.properties that holds the texts I edited in the Layout and

Resource[compname]Comp_en.properties which is empty

in the gen_wdp/packages/.../wdp directory

Any suggestions?

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Helmut,

the next thing you could try is to delete all _en.properties files manually and then rebuild the project again.

Please let me know, if that works.

Best regards,

Karin

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

deleted all *_en.properties file which where only present in bin, gen_wdp and gen_ddic folders. After rebuild no new propertiy files were generated. After creating archive the *_en.properties files were back again.

I´ve also checked once again if all "en" entries were replaced by "de" in the files under src folder.

Any more ideas?

Thanks

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

next step: could you please check if within workbench preferences "perform build automatically" is turned on? If not, please turn it on, delete your bin-folder completely!

Again, please let me know

Best regards, Karin

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

the option was turned on. I deleted the bin folder and all properties files in gen_wdp folder, rebuilt the project, created the archive and again there was the *_en.properties file

Thanks again

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

please check the Window->Preferences->Web Dynpro->Generation options. Maybe the generation language is English and that is the problem.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

YiiiiiiiiiiPeeeeeeeee

Thank you Stefan, that it was (probably together with the other things).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great that you could solve this issue finally!

Thanks to Stefan!

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin and Helmut,

by the way, wouldn't it be great, the design time tools could change the master language of a project after the creation automatically? The necessary steps to do this are well documented in this thread already )

Best regards,

Stefan