cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make relationship type "is a purchaser of" ?

former_member186144
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

When reading Config Guide for SSP i'm interested in the statement that saying we can make the connection between purch.org and purch.group more flexible. In a sense it is saying that we can assign the user in the real organization structure and then assign it in the same time to the purchasing group (this is because in standard purchasing group should be connected directly to purchasing org, while a user assigned as a member of a purchasing group is actually a member of the real org structure in the company).

In more detail it saying that we can link a user to a purchasing group using relationship type "is a purchaser of". But i'm a bit confused of how to do this? (the config guide is not particularly detail on this). Can someone able to explain what are the actual steps needed to be done for this?

Best regards,

Yosea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yosea,

in the organizational model using transaction 'PPOMA_BBP', goto the bottom left hand panel, where you see a list of all of your Organizations. Right click on a "Purchasing Group" and you will see in the menu "Purchaser Assignment".

Select this and you will see that the right hand panel changes from "Staff assignments" to "Purchaser Assignment". You can maintain a user "linkage" to the Purchasing Group here without having to change the organization of your users in the Staff assingments structure.

After following the steps you will not find the purchaser user assigned to the Purchasing group in PPOMA_BBP itself (where the default view would be "Staff Assignment" view). The person would be still assigned to the other Org unit.

But in BUB3, when you display the available 'Relationship' for the purchase user's BP number, you would find a new "Is Employee of" relation to the Purchasing Group (in addition to the business org unit which he already had). The purchase user should be able to perform purchaser activities according to the ROLE assingment.

Thanks,

Claudia

former_member186144
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Thanks for the info. I managed to assign other user to act as purchaser. But one last question. In BUB3, I still cannot find any linkage of the employee to the purchasing group, it is still only showing that the user is the employee of his org structure but no link whatsoever to the purchasing group. However I did find in the attribute inheritance of the user that he is linked to the particular purchasing group.

Should i be worried that it not appear in BUB3? Btw Im using SRM Server 550 with SP08. Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

Yosea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yosea,

great. It should be fine - there could be a difference in versions, althought

the settings are the same; I cannot look into system right now.

As long as the relationship is recorded in PPOMA_bbp as well in bp.

In the Org Model you should be able to see a symbol that there is an

"inclusive" relationship. That column is empty, when there is not such

a relationship.

Thanks,

Claudia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i know, once a node is flagged a purchasing group, you can set, in the responsability tab for organization, a node"O" <u>or a position "S"</u>.

Maybe you are referring to the position "S" in PPOMA_BBP

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I'm VERY interested in this as well.

I do not quite understand your (Yann) answer.

To me that sounds like P.grp (xxx) will be resposible for all purchases by S YYYYYYYY and that is not what we want.

We want a person outside to refer as the "purchaser" og p.grp (xxx).

Difficult to explain 🐵

Thanks in advance,

Thomas