cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII Login from Html page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how can we login in xMII from Html page? for example, if i give username and password in HTML page. that need to directly login in xMII? how can it do?

- senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

You can capture the parameters u r passing from HTML page & set them to this URL :

http://localhost/Lighthammer/Illuminator?IllumLoginName=UNAME&IllumLoginPassword=PSWD

I guess this will work... check out.

Regards,

Sushma.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Senthil,

You cannot login with localhost, so the previous post is not correct! A localhost login will just sign you in as a non-existing "localadmin" user who belongs to the Administrators, Developers, and Everyone Roles.

Search the help documentation for PortalLogin.jsp or Login.jsp. The sample url's given in the docs will show you how to login to xMII, then have the system redirect the user to your desired html target page.

Regards,

Jeremy Good

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

When I use the following URL to open a specific page, it works.

http://server/Lighthammer/Login.jsp?IllumLoginName=accountname&IllumLoginPassword=accountpassword&se...

Question:

1) This URL opens the html or irpt page itself directly without the associated xMII navigation/menu and navigation bar. Is it possible to open the page with the associated xMII menu/navigation thro an URL

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The default target (when not specified) takes you to service=Personalization which is the home page layout with the navigation tree and tabs. The web page that shows up in the lower right hand content iFrame is the first tab item showing up on the left. If no tab items have been configured then it just shows a default splash screen. There is no built-in way to combine these two, either you get the home page with navigation or you get the desired target page. The simplest would be to make sure the page is in the tabs or nav tree and have the users select it. Or you could be adventurous and determine a way to adjust the home page layout to accept your desired target, but then you are on your own...

Regards,

Jeremy