cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read some images from file system with webdynpro for abap?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,experts,

I want to finish webdynpro for abap program to read some photos from file system. I may make MIMES in the webdynpro component and create photos in the MIMES, but my boss doesn't agree with me using this way. He wish me read these photos from file system.

How to read some images from file system with webdynpro for abap?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried the UI element <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/b3/be7941601b1d09e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">FileUpload</a> ?

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Heidi,

Thanks for your help!

I don't tried to use the UI element fileupload, because I may copy these photos into the directory of the file system, ex:c:\photos\. Once these photos are invoked by the application of webdynpro for abap, I may get these photos by writing code in the WDDOINIT method . But I don't know how to write these codes in the WDDOINIT method of the webdynpro for abap for getting these photos.

Do you think my thinking is right?

Thanks again !

my email: tao.wang@besuretech.com

msn: wwangt_92@hotmail.com

Best regards,

tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Heidi ,

Because I have to add too many (1,000,000,000) photos, so I don't using fileupload to upload these photos. So I have to copy these photos to the file system, and get these photos from file system.

Thanks for your reply!

Best regards,

tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does help?

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Heidi ,

Thank you for your help!

Do you think I must use fileupload controller to upload the photos to MIMEs repository? Are there not ways for solve this problem? I look for all documents founded for this problem, but I never find a note that can confirm my idear is right.

I will research the fileupload controller for resolving this problem.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tao,

The parameter

icm/HTTP/file_access_<xx>

may help you to access the pictures without any db-access.

The following two links may help you to understand the other possibilities as well.

The threads are covering BSP, but it should be useful for WebDynpro as well.

/people/mark.finnern/blog/2003/09/23/bsp-programming-handling-of-non-html-documents

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/de/c4/87153a1a5b4c2de10000000a114084/content.htm

Best regards

Christian

Answers (0)