cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in Heuristic Run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am having a small problem during the Heuristic Run.

System is showing error when I try to take a Heuristic Run for a period (say May) if there are some planning results lying in the system for that product in other period (say April).

Is there any specific setting required so that when I run Heuristic for the month May, system will give result for May althogh there is planning results lying for April.

Guidence solicited.

Thanks & Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

As the others say, we need a few more details especially what heuristic it is, if PP/DS then the specific one you are using (e.g. SAP_PP_002).

Also when you say orders existing in April, do you mean they have started in the past? If so then they will be fixed orders and the Heuristic may have a problem rescheduling them.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for this prompt response.

I am talking about SNP Heuristic. I am giving an example to understand the matter :

1. Say I have a product X for which I manually enter a Forecast quantity of 100 in the month of April. Then I run a locational Heuristic. The product is Inhouse manufactured. So system generates a Production Planned Figure of 100 in April.

2. Now I put a forecast qty. of 150 in the month of May for the same material. Then I run locational Heuristic. Now I am finding that system is giving error and not generating any Production Plan.

But if I delete the Planned order of April and again run Heuristic, system generates Planned order for both April & May.

So, the problem is, when there is already an order existing in the system, system does not generate orders for other periods.

Hope this is now clear.

Looking forward to your suuport.

Thanks - Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

what error are you getting in step 2 that you have mentioned?

also what are your planning horizons in the product master

When you say "system generates Planned order for both April & May." is it in two months or together ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

OK let me try to simplify the situation.

Say for a product X i have a planned order of qty. 100 in the system for April. Now I put a F/c of 150 in May and run a Heuristic, system gives error and does not create any order for May. Now, if I delete the order of april and again run the Heuristic, system is generating the order for april and may seperately.

So, my question is, to get a plan for a product, do i need to delete the old orders of that product and then take Heuristic Run.

In my product master, only Horizon maintained is Production Horizon as 1 day - no other Horizon has been maintained.

Thanks - Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

the answer to your question is ...no ...

you dont have to delete planned orders from the previous run to gnerate new orders for new requirements... the heurisitics should be able to figure out the net requirements and figure out how much planned orders need to be created.

can you also go to RRP3 and see how the orders are? Also try to create a few orders in may when there are planned orders created by the system in april

its a bit difficult to guess the reason with these clues....

but if you woul like to try a few more things... it is possible we might stumble upon a reason

can you delete both the April and May forecast as well as orders and create some forecast, say, in june and nov and run the heuristics and see what happens

Also can you put in a SNP horizon of 999 and try again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I have just now tried the same thing in other client for the same product.

SURPRISINGLY, the problem is not coming.

Everything is same in both the client, but problem is appearing in one system and not in the other.

I am doing some R&D with this. I will let you all know about the outcome.

Regards - Kumar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem occured in Test Client but did not occur in development client. So for the time being it is being closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Problem in SNP or PPDS

regards

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You need to provide more details like what kind of Heuristic run - SNP or PPDS, foreground or background. Put the planning run log (error text) in the post which can help.

Also explain what do you mean by "try to take a Heuristic Run for a period (say May)".

Please check or provide relevant details of Master Data (Location-Product Master, Transportation Lanes in case of External Procurement or PPM/PDS in case of Inhouse Production).

Thanks,

somnath