cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode in SmartForm - how to creat SmartStyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a new barcode using SE73. I then included it in a SmartStyle and used that SmartStyle in my SmartForm. However the style doesn't seem to be working because it still displays as the delivery number and not a barcode (when printing and previewing it). I then tried using the style S_TEST (SAP supplied style for testing barcodes) and it acts the same way.

Both of the styles don't do anything except move the delivery number from its original position within the text node.

Regards,

Davis

Message was edited by:

Davis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ensure that your printer supports the BARCODE font which you have uploaded.

If the printer is not supporting the font, then you need to purchase a DIMM card which would be fit in the printer to support barcode fonts.

Best regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant, I believe that barcodes are only printer specific in SAPScript and I am using a SmartForm.

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I had a repost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Davis,

Can u send ur email id... i will send some screen shots ..how to place the paragraph format and all

Regards

SAB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Syed, my email address is:

Thanks a lot for your assistance!

Message was edited by:

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Syed, thank you so much for your help! You have solved my problem.

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Davis and Syed,

How did you resolve the barcode printing problem in Smartforms. I have the same requirement and I do not have a SIMM module for my printer HPLJ8000. Do I need one? How did you get it to work?

Thanks

Sean

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use transaction SE73 to create the custom Barcodes or else you can use the Barcodes that are already in system.

For Custom Barcode B1:

> Goto tcode SE73.

> Assign a character format to the barcode.

> Now create smart style and declare this at attribute level.

> Using the character format for barcode B1

> Characters which uses dat format willl print teh corresponding barcode.

to include it use the format.

<B1> Message to be in barcode </>.**

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Feb 25, 2008 3:03 PM

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Davis,

Thats not the case. Irrespective of the type (Smartforms/Script etc) BARCODE fonts are printer dependent. So we need to first ensure that the printer supports the Font.

Best regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant, would it display the barcode when I do a print preview? That is what I have been doing (as well as printing).

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant,

I just reread the SAP note 645158 and you are correct. In the SmartForms class I was told that barcodes in SmartForms were not printer specific. Also do I need to have a SIM card installed in the printer like you do with SAPScript?

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant,

I just reread the SAP note 645158 and you are correct. In the SmartForms class I was told that barcodes in SmartForms were not printer specific. Also do I need to have a SIM card installed in the printer like you do with SAPScript?

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant,

I just reread SAP Note 645158 and it does state what you said. I took the SmartForms course and I was told that barcodes in SmartForms were not printer specific.

Also do I need to have a SIM card installed in the printer like you do with SAPScript? What is the advantage to using SmartForms over SAPScript in regards to Barcodes?

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

in SMARTSTYLES, create character format and paragraph format. and for character format provide the barcode u created in SE73 or the barcode type u want.

In SMARTFORMS: provide the style created in SMARTSTYLES.

and provide the paragraph format and character format in Editor.

<b>PR < BC > &itab-matnr& < / ></b>

PR : paragraph format

BC : character format for Barcode.

remove the spaces and provide the variable in between *

Regards

SAB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Syed, thanks for the reply.

I tried to do what you posted. I have the paragraph format called PR and the barcode called BR. I then, created a new text node and on its output conditions I added the SmartStyle in the style box (Z_BC_Picklist). I then, in the text node, added the following code:

PR<BC>*&VBLKK-VBELN&*</>

I also tried (not knowing if the * should be there

PR<BC>&VBLKK-VBELN&</>

And, in both situations, it prints out the code verbatim and does not display a barcode.

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Davis,

<b>

PR <BC>&VBLKK-VBELN&< / ></b>

did u provide this code in editor or in command prompt editor.

If not: click on editor button left side of general attributes TAB. above syntax check button.

Now u get like ABAP Editor screen.

go to menuitem GO TO --> Change Editor

on left side u can provide command as paragraph format i.e. PR ( in small box).

and <b><BC>&VBLKK-VBELN&< / ></b> right to it.

Then also it is not working then check the smartstyles is ur style is activated or not and also check the paragraph format and character format and assigned barcode style in it.

last option: try with another barcode type C128 type for testing... if it prints then there is something wrong ur Barcode type like printer support or barcode assignment..

Regards

SAB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Syed,

I tried the code in a text node (I read somewhere that is what you used). After reading your reply I tried it in a "Program Lines" node but when I include it there I just get a sytax error on PR (the paragraph format). I could not quite follow your directions but I believe that you are telling me to do it in a "Program Lines" node.

Regards,

Davis