cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal KM and Domino Doc Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there anyway I can Integrate Portal Knowledge Management with domino doc.

Regards

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichaelSambeth
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

a SAP partner has implemented and ships a KM Repository Manager for Lotus Domino. With this RepMan you can access Notes databases, Notes views, notes documents and document attachments from KM and use those in KM services (indexing, browsing, taxonomies etc). Please feel free to contact me if you need more information. So it does not leverage Domino.Doc in particular as an application, but since Domino.Doc stores the documents in NSF notes databases you can integrate those.

In addition to that, you can integrate the Domino.doc user Interface with iViews (http URL, XSLT (?readviewentries), JAVA (notesfactory, DIIOP) and other technologies). SSO can be provided in many ways (see https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/single sign-on from sap enterprise portal to lotus domino.pdf ). Please let me know if you need more details.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Where can I find more infomation about the KM Repository Manager for Lotus Domino you've mentioned? Is this the CONET product? I'm not able to find additional information on their website.

Any additional information you can provide would be appreciated.

Regards,

Eric

MichaelSambeth
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

please send a email to my person or to ctsc@sap.com

Regards

Michael

former_member318735
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Michael,

can you please send me the info about this issue. My email address is huseyin.bilgen@fitcons.com

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Can you send me the docs for this point

In addition to that, you can integrate the Domino.doc user Interface with iViews (http URL, XSLT (?readviewentries), JAVA (notesfactory, DIIOP) and other technologies).

This is my mail id: senthilnathan.kb@gmail.com

Regards

Senthil

MichaelSambeth
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

yes, for the integration of the user interface of any Lotus Notes/Domino application you have the following options:

1: Rendering on Domino

- URL iViews to Domino Web App

- leveraging Enterprise Portal eventing for communication between the Domino iViews and other portal iViews

- leveraging Enterprise Portal styles for consistent look and feel

2: Rendering on Enterprise Portal

- using XSLT and ?ReadViewEntries to render NotesViews (flat and categorized)

- using XSLT and ?ReadEntries to render Outlines for Navigation. Also the assignment of such an iView to a pages dynamic navigation is possible. Navigation events are communicated through portal eventing

- using SOAP or web agents and DXL to render documents

SAP Consulting has alredy implemented all those options mentioned in customer projects. Please get back to me if you need more information or samples.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're facing an issue where we want to take XML data from Domino "ReadViewEntries" function to display notes documents and views (categorized). I saw your last post and wondered if there is an easy approach to this issue.

Our thought now is to create a Web Dynpro application that retrieves the XML which we shall parse and put in to a recursive treenode structure (WD component) in the context. However, we're not sure how to go about doing this. I.e making it general for multiple types of views and documents.

If there are components or iviews readymade for this task (configuring the XSL files) and available, I'd like to know more about it. If you have any samples, libraries or codeexcerpts that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hans Petter

MichaelSambeth
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Hans-Petter,

we implemented a rending of Notes Views based on the XML stream yielded by ?ReadViewEntries in a couple of customer projects.

The solution is based on a servlet that runs on NetWeaver J2EE and that reads the Domino XML via SSO and provides the corresponding XSL for the XSLT tranformation into HTML. It also includes Sametime-enabling based on ST links.

please contact me directly if you need more information.

Regards

Michael

Answers (0)