cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to check xi connects to internet ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to check whether XI connects to internet ??

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

<i>How to check whether XI connects to internet ??</i>

This question is not very clear. It can be seen in 2 ways:

1. Accessing XI on Internet outside network.

2. Accessing internet appications

For 1, the server IP should be made available on UDDI, so that it is accessible from anywhere through proper authentication

For 2, the web service related details for that particilar application could be obtained from the client and SOAP adapter could be used to connect through XI. So if you want to expose the scenarios in the internet, it is advisable to go with WebServices

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prateek,

thaks for your reply ! While I was not able to establish connection with my mail server ...........I have seen the suggestions from SDN asking for checking whether XI is connected to internet ?? I mean how to check that ??

Meanwhile you put statement like this

>> the server IP should be made available on UDDI, so that it is accessible from anywhere through proper authentication

Could you please tell me how can we make IP available on UDDI ??

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Dont worry about connecting to internet for sending mails to your mailbox. Just configure you mail receiver adapter and send the mail. If you any errors then see in the adapter monitoring. If there are no errors then you will receive the mail in your mailbox.

---Satish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use HTTP adapters or SOAP adapters.

HTTP Adapters if you want to post a message to a HTTP URL and SOAP Adapters to call a webservice.

Both these adapters provide the option of also providing a Proxy Server if there is any in your landscape.

Regards

Bhavesh