Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA Roles residing in Child system are not showing in Central System

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just hooked up CUA today and have linked 8 child systems to the central system. The 8 child system users and roles have already been established in the child systems. Do I need to run program susr_zbv_get_receiver_profiles in each of the child systems to get the roles in the child systems to show up in the Central System for each user? I tried this in one child system and it worked.

Or is there something else I need to do without going into each child system?

I tried this program susr_zbv_get_receiver_profiles in the Central system but it did not work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can run the 'text comparison from child system' in SU01 (central instance) and it will get all the roles from the child systems. Or you can run it one role at a time from PFCG in the child systems.

If you haven't already done so you also need to run SCUG in the central instance.

Cheers,

Ben

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can run the 'text comparison from child system' in SU01 (central instance) and it will get all the roles from the child systems. Or you can run it one role at a time from PFCG in the child systems.

If you haven't already done so you also need to run SCUG in the central instance.

Cheers,

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have run SCUG and transferred all of the users.

I have run text comparison from within SU01 and it did not work.

0 Kudos

Hello Doug,

What is the result of text comparision.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Text comparison with su01 does nothing, roles do not populate nor does the systems.

0 Kudos

are you looking for roles or profiles? profiles will not show up in the central system. If you run SCUL do you see anything? when you first added the child system did you use an SAP user that had the proper permissions? In both the child and the parent? There are two roles that the user must belong to to add the child to the parent they are SAP_BC_USR_CUA_SETUP_CENTRAL and SAP_BC_USR_CUA_CENTRAL.

If you have any question about the permissions of these user at the time you added the child to the parent I'd delete the child and re-add with either the above roles or a user with SAP_ALL in BOTH the child and the parent systems

0 Kudos

Hello Doug,

In text comparision do a F4 on systems field and see if correct systems are getting populated.

Also check in table TBLSYSDEST in the master system of CUA if there are any entires for the master system.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ben, I didn't get all of the users transferred the first time through, needed to go back and run SCUG again.

Thanks Ben!