cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwing an ALERT when XI is down.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to throw an ALERT from XI when XI server itself is down(uisng CCMS alets)??? Please let me know if any one has idea about it.

Thanks & Regards,

Farooq

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using Solution Manager you can achieve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please eloberate more on this?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

AFAIK it might not be possible coz if the XI server itself is down,how will it process the error and send alerts.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think too, but is CCMS comes in picture to throw an alert if XI is down

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

i guess CCMS might be able to handle this ,infact i waz searching for it but coudln't get any solid hits,i haven't worked on CCMS so don't know much about it,but i guess usualy alert configurations won't help in this .

lemme find more and get back

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

as CCMS is not part of SAP XI but part of web application server,i m kinda positive now that it should be achieveable by using CCMS.

have a look at the following

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/90/4e313f8815d036e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

think of it this way....

If your PC is off - can it do anything??

If something is monitoring it (solution manager - watching XI) this other system can say it is not available!.

You can always use a different third party product to do this.. We used to use servers alive which sent a ping at regular intervals...

Run the CCMS from Soltuion Manager!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do agee with u....let me check it in CCMS and I will back to you...Now I am sure its not possible in XI..but just wondering how can I intimate some user saying that XI is down...let me do R&D on that.

Thanks for your nice example...if you have any exp how we can do it with solution manager then please let me know...I will close this thread later..and according to that will rewards points