cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting anonymous MIME service user logon details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was having a problem with saved BW excel reports prompting for username and password logon to view saved excel report sheets, I found implementing note 650399 & 487456 fixed this problem by setting a user in SICF path /default_host/sap/bw/mime for anonymous logon in DEV.

The problem is, when I transport this, the anonymous user settings are lost in /default_host/sap/bw/mime, how do I transport this public user setting? as I do not want to open up the QA and Production clients to enter the anonymous data directly, as this would make the object a repaired object wouldn't it?

Also, the note I followed, 487456, says to maintain the anonymous logon with the public user, normally in the ICF i have created aliases to services, not changed the original, the note says you should enter the anonymous user into /default_host/sap/bw/mime as this is a SAP standard path, couldn't this cause problems with future Support Packs and upgradeds?

Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are the users exisitng in your QA and productio n system. If they are not first create them and then try doing the transport once again.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit

Yes, the user exists with correct password and user setup in QA.

When I look at the anonymous logon details, when i do a technical help, the table is ICFSERVICE and the fieldname for the username is ICF_USER.

When I look in the transport I created when i entered the anonymous the logon details in DEV, the ICFSERVICE table is there, but the not the field for ICF_USER, the only fields in the transport from table ICFSERVICE are ICF_NAME

and ICFPARGUID.

So, looks like user ID has not been recorded in the transport, even though the transport was created when I entered the logon details.

Regards,

Paul.