cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Polling in a precise time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use in an XI scenario a JDBC Sender to do a polling on an oracle database view. But I want to do this polling on a precise time of the day, for example, at 03.00 AM, every day. How can I do this? Moreover, I can do the polling on a database view instead of a database table?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From SP 19 / SP 10 you have adapter Scheduling ( Availability Times ) available and this can be used to start your adapter at that time and turn if off correspondingly.

If you are below SP 19 / SP 10, then you might have to use a BPM and use some extrenal report to trigger the BPM flow at the correct time and then use the receiver JDBC adapter with a synchronous select to do this.

JDBC adapters can poll over Oracle Views as well.

I would suggest a upgrade to SP 19 / SP 10.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

what are SP19 e SP10 ? Are XI transactions? You have to consider that I'm not the XI administrator.

Thanks!

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gabriele,

If you are on XI 3.0 you need to be on Service pack SP 19 and if you are on PI 7.0 you need to be on Service Pack SP 10.

Check this blog for details,

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

ok, it is a good solution, but I hav a problem: I want to start mi Communication channel on a precise time, but I want to deactivate it when all record are been readed. I want that the channel reads all records only one time in a day!!!

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

if u want to activate and deactive the channels in production,i dont think it can be done automatically,it has to be manual.

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is simple,

1. In the sender JDBC adapter make the polling interval a high value ( say 1000 Seconds).

2. Now, schedule the adapter that it becomes active at the corresponding time and make it sdeactive at say 1 minute after the time it shoul;d be activated.

When the Comm Channel gets activated, the Adapter is going to poll immediately at the time it gets activated and before the next polling interval occurs the adapter is inactive.

Regards

Bhavesh