cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to provide the F4 help for a dynamically created attributes for an ALV table. Iam able to do that. I have to restrict the values in F4 help based on the value available in first column of the same row.

I would be able to read the row (context element) using the following statement in OVS event handler method.

elem_ovs = ovs_callback_object->context_element.

elem_ovs->get_static_attributes(

IMPORTING

static_attributes = STRUC_OVS ).

This STRUC_OVS should be the structure of dynamically created node and attributes.

I would not know my structure since I had created that dynamically.

what should I give in place of STRUC_OVS to get the context element.

Please Suggest.

Thank You,

Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215843
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Just use elem_ovs->get_static_attributes_ref( ), which creates a data structure, copies the data into it and returns the reference to it.

Ciao, Regina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regina,

Thank You for your reply. I have tried that method that you have mentioned. Iam getting the data but Iam unable to read or process that in my program.

Just have a look on what I had done.

data : ls_data type ref to data.

ls_data = elem_ovs->get_static_attributes_ref( ).

Now ls_data has all the components and values. I would like to check the value in first component.

ls_data-column1 doesn't works.

I also tried

Assign component 1 of structure ls_data to <col1> ."where <col1> is a field symbol of type any.

If you think my approach is not right pls let me know how would I be able to read the content of ls_data.

Thank you,

Suresh.

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh ,

take a field symbol say <f1> type data .

get the static attribute in that using the get_static_attributes( ).

then use the assign component statement .

Regards

Yashpal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regina,

I have assigned that ls_data to a field symbol and and then assigned that component. It worked.

Thank you.

Suresh.

Answers (0)