cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in the process of configuring SMTP. I have done all the ICM settings and settings in TCode SICF.

This is an external SMTP server and to be able to use it as a smtp server there is master username and password. For this case in SCOT do I have to use the default SMTP node or create a new node of type RFC?

Can any one please guide me further configuration steps.

Thank you,

sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is now way to authenticate to SMTP server directly from SAP system (I didn't find any way).

But you can install some simple smtp server software between your SAP and your current SMTP server.

It will relay your messages. You should have possibilities to set username and password within that simple smtp software.

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to configure ICM that it uses your Port for SMTP protocol. Goto RZ10 and set Parameter icm/server_port_x for your port and SMTP protocol. Don't forget to restart server afterwards (or try it to set it with transaction SMICM). If you could change the parameter you only have to restart ICM.

Regards,

daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please give me more detailed steps,

Once I configure icm/server_port_x = 587 (587 being the smtp server port in my case) what should I do next. Can now I use this port in SMTP node.

Thank you,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer.

So for explaination. With the parameter 'icm/server_port_X' you tell ICM which PROTOCOL/PORT combinition it can use, where 'X' stands for an increasing number. Have a look at the ICM parameters in transaction SMICM. Then set a parameter for SMTP with the port you want to use.

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Thanks for the reply.

But I am still stuck on the second part of my issue. My smtp server requires an authentication, how do I achieve that,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

if you are using WD development or Java-based application you can setup the Java Mail service to allow sending of email by using your SMTP server.

To do this launch Visual Adiministrator and open your Server Instance -> Services.

Setup <b>JavaMail </b>service with your settings.

After this stop and restart that Service.

Hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Gianluca Barile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gianluca,

I am not using java based application. I am stuck at configuring SMTP node in SCOT. The smtp server which we want to use, uses TCP port 587 "submission" for email. Also to be able to use this server I have to authenticate using admin login (user name and password).

1. Can I use port other then 25 under SMTP in SCOT?

2. Where do I do the required authentication for the smtp server.

Thank you,

sam