0 Kudos

Hi,

According to the link:

Raghavesh has given the following links

SAP XI1) RFC Destination (SM59)

a) Choose create.

b) Specify the name of the RFC destination

c) Select connection type as 3 and save

d) In the technical settings tab enter the details SAP SID/URL and system number#.

e) Enter the Gateway host as same details above SID/URL.

f) Gateway service is 3300+system number#.

g) In the Logon /Security tab, enter the client user & Password details of Destination system.

h) Test the connection and remote logon.

In this, if I give gateway host and service details and save , the remote logon button disappears from the screen and appears when I delete the gateway host and service details.

1. why it disappears ?

2. I can do test connection but I am to do remote logon (If I prees the button nothing is happening)

How can I do remote logon.

Thanks,

ss

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When creating a type 3 connection ( Connection a R3 system ) you do not give the Gateway host and service values, instead you provide the target host details ( either ip address or host name) and then in the log on tab, you provide the client number and the user id and password.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh

As you mentioned I am creating a type 3 connection and I am not giving the Gateway host and service values. I have given target host details (host name) and in the log on tab, I gave the client number and the user id and password.

The following way I have given :

RFC destination: can I give any name here ? ( I have given a name of my choice)

Connection type: 3

In LOgon/Security

language: en

client: 100

user: XISUPER

password:-----

Technical settings:

Target host: IP address

system no:01

save as: Hostname

Gateway options: No value is given here

Does it mean in anyway that if test connection is successfull the connection between R3 and XI has been established even though remote Logon was unsuccessfull

Pls help

Thanks,

ss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

if ur remote logon is not working from R/3then i dont think that the connection was established properly.

check the user id ,clnt and pwd again and make sure u have given correct IP and SID too

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>can I give any name here ? ( I have given a name of my choice)</i>

yes you can.

IS the problem now that you are able to perfrom a test Connection but not A Remote Logon?

the test connection works because the R3 server is just trying to ping to the XI server to see if connectivity is available.

The Remote Logon Might not work for the following reasons,

1. User id and pasword of PISUPER is not correct in this Conection.

2. The password in your XI server is case sensitive whereas the R3 system is trying to logon using Capital user id and password.

Make the change to any other user and make the password in all CAPITALS in XI and then give this a shot.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (0)