cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling appln errors in ABAP proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

How is application related exceptions handled in a ABAP server proxy.

Say I update a customer record from a proxy(asynch). Now the customer data does not exist in R/3.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

Doesnt Shabrish's blog "Fault Message a Demo" disucss this? Or am i missing something here?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh. Just one more thing. Incase such an exception is raised, and the error has propagated to XI. Should I restart this errored msg from XI or from R/3?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As this is an application exception you would need to restart it frm R3.

As far as XI is concernd this message is succsful ( cheqeured flag in XI 's moni ) and so the restart will have to be in the R3 system

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

bhavesh,

I remember seeing the application error (white bent arrow against red) in SXMB_MONI on IS. I think this happened because of some parameter for error propagation. so it can be restarted from IS as well..i guess

praveen

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you do get the status in XI for the application errors in XI's MONI. But am not sure if these can be restarted.

I think the restart has to be done on R3, but will confirm tom

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh. Hence the confusion.

If I restart the msg in R/3 and processed sucessfully, will the status change be propagated back to XI?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

for this purpose you should define your message interface to include a fault message type using the default data types created in a namespace exchangefault data and exchange log data.

when you create the proxy object for this interface, you will get exceptions defined int he object. You can raise the exception and populate the error details into corresponding strucures for exchange fault data & exchange log data.

praveen