cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings reqd in TCode SCOT to configure SMTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in the process of configuring SMTP. I have done all the ICM settings and settings in TCode SICF.

This is an external SMTP server and to be able to use it as a smtp server there is master username and password. For this case in SCOT do I have to use the default SMTP node or create a new node of type RFC?

Can any one please guide me further configuration steps.

Thank you,

sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just done the steps which i have mentioned. I have not added any paramaters in RZ10.

I suppose , as i have used the default port 25 , SMTP worked without any Parameter settings in RZ10.

But in your case as you are using a different port number (Other than 25), Probably you have to give but not sure.

But for sure no authentication to the mail server is provided from SAP side. That has to be taken care at the Mail Exchange server side. We just need to know on which port it accepts the Incoming traffic and we have to give the port number in SCOT.

Thanks,

Tanuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Note 455140 - Configuration E-mail, fax, paging/SMS via SMTP

1. System user

In each client of an SAP system, a system user must be created to process the incoming messages. To do this, use transaction SU01 to create a user of the type "system" and assign the "S_A.SCON" profile to this user.

2. In transaction SU01, enter the Internet mail address of a user in the "E-Mail" field under "Address".

3. Client assignment (transaction SICF)

a. In the Logon data (SAPconnect) Provide the client and the user created.

b. Activate the node SAPconnect.

4. SCOT

a. Use the default SMTP node.

b. check the check box (Node in use) in "General Information".

c. Provide the Mail host in "SMTP Connection".

d. click on internet in "Support Address types".

e. provide a * in "Address area".

f. For "Output Formats for SAP Documents" the following is recommended:

SAPscript / Smart Forms PDF

ABAP List HTM

Business Object / Link HTM

RAW Text TXT

5. Default domain in SCOT.

The domain of this SAP system client is defined here, for example, crm-prod.company.com. It is used for the following purposes: The SMTP plug-in logs on to the mail server with the domain as ID. The message ID of outgoing mails is compiled with this domain. If an SAP user who has not entered an Internet mail address in their user master record sends an e-mail, a sender address is generated from the SAP user name and this domain, for example SMITHJ@crm-prod.company.com.

In Menu

settings --> Default Domain.

e.g crm-prod.company.com

6. Send job

E-mails that are sent from an SAP application are merely put into a queue. A periodically running background process, the SAPconnect send job, takes the e-mails from the queue and sends them via the Internet. This job can be scheduled from SAPconnect administration as follows:

"View" --> "Jobs". Check whether a job is already scheduled (displayed as a calendar icon).

Choose "Job" --> "Create", and specify a job name.

Place the cursor on the "SAP&CONNECTALL" variant and choose "Schedule Job".

Choose "Schedule periodically".

Specify a time interval (for example 10 minutes) and choose "Create".

Thanks,

Tanuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tanuj,

All this settings are clear but how do I authenticate my smtp connection.

Lets take a case,

SMTP server: smtp.xyz.com

Port#: 200

So under SMTP node in Mail Host = smtp.xyz.com and Mail Port = 200.

But this won’t work as I have to enter admin login details (username and password) to use this smtp server.

Where do I do that?

Thank,

sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose the port no is 25 and not 200. and to authenticate, the network team should authenticate requests coming to the Mail Exchange server form the SAP server and we dont provide any authentication form sap side.

Thanks,

Tanuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am bit confused,

What does the port number in SMTP node in SCOT correspond to, isn’t it the port number of SMTP server.

Also should this be same as the once we for setting icm/server_port_<*> = PROT=SMTP,PORT=<port>

I know that 25 is the standard for SMTP but I am a bit lost here. The smtp server which we want to use, uses TCP port 587 "submission" for email. Please guide on how should I proceed.