SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-U / CRM Initial Download of Connection Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´m trying to download the connection objects from an IS-U System into a CRM system using the Guide "IS-U/CRM Integration: Replication of Technical and Business Objects". I think the system meets all prerequisites mentioned in the guide, but the initial download doesn´t work at all.

The incoming BDOCs are in State: BDoc Validation Error, showing the error messages: "General error (exception) in product API" and "Validation error occurred: Module VALIDATE_MSGBDOC_FOR_CONNOBJ, BDoc type SI_CONNOBJ."

I already maintained a product hierarchy and assigned set type ISU_CONNOBJ to a node with the Object Family 0101. I also assigned this hierarchy to Sales, Purchasing, Material and Service in COMM_PRAPPLCAT.

What else needs to be maintained ?

Thanks and best regards,

Clemens

UPDATE !!

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Clemens,

Did you find a solution to your problem? Actually we are in the middle of the same process... so it'll be great if you could share your findings?

And btw did you create the connection object and POD as sub categories in the base hierarchy R3PRODSTYP?

We are thinking of creating sub categories 'Con. obj.' and 'POD' in the base hierarchy R3PRODSTYP and to create a separate hierarchy for the configurable utility products (electricity products).

Kind Regards

Saima

0 Kudos

We tried our luck in Debugging and found some strange errors in the validation of connection objects ....

But I also found some notes regarding the problem. If I recall it right, I searched for SI_CONNOBJ and SI_POD in the notes search.

I think you can use the R3PRODSTYP or build up an own hierarchy, I chose the second way.

Kind Regards,

Clemens

null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

You can find information on the integration between IS-U/CCS and CRM concerning the marketing process in the cookbook IS-U/CRM-Integration Marketing in the Service Market http://service.sap.com. Choose Enter now and log on with your user and password. Then choose Solution Details → Industry Solutions → mySAP Utilities → Media Center → Customer Relationship→ Literature → Cookbook IS-U/CRM-Integration Marketing→ .

Regards

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

as we are maintaining categories like wise eg. under Category material we will create sub category for Connection Object and POD under hierarchy R3PRODSTYP and in Settype we do not have to provide attribute for master data like Unit of Measurement

etc. for both Connection Object and POD.