cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iFix UDS Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to add new iFix UDS through the UDS Admin. While running i am getting error as <b>Unable to start the UDS.</b>

In Event Viewer the error is displayed as

<b>"Unable to create datasource FIXUDS.DataSource. [Invalid class string]"</b>

Can someone please tell me how to fix this error.

And what all other things i need to give for the other parameters such as

Port, Node and all

Thanks in advance

Muzammil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you install the file FIXUDS_2_5_0_0.exe as well on the iFix server (in addition to the UDS Framework)?

I am assuming the iFix UDS behaves the same way as an OPC or OPCHDA UDS where we need to install bth the framework and the UDS on the OPC/OPHDA server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have installed UDSFramework_2_5_0_4 and FIXUDS_2_5_0_0.

Regards

Muzammil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems then you have installed all that is required coz the error 'Invalid Class String' is usually when the UDS is not installed.

There's a SAP Note # 1025173 which talks about iFix UDS 4.0.2.5 but it seems the software itself is not available for a download.

I wonder why?

Lets hope you get an answer from SAP soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

We have installed the UDS framework at the xMII server & FIXUDS at the node where iFix is sitting, and tried to create an entry in the UDS Admin for iFix UDS in the xmii server. Is this ok? or do we have to install the framework also at the iFix as u suggested.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sushma.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The framework is the interface component, and the iFix UDS is the datasource specific component. They must co-exist on the same machine, since they cannot operate independently.

Either install the iFix toolkit and api on the xMII server, along with the framework and iFix UDS, or put them all on the iFix node.

The data server you create in xMII just needs to point to the proper servername or ipaddress and the port that the UDS service is listening on.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

I tried this way also.. but it didnt work..

In xMII i copied the FIXUDS server & gave a static IP address & the port

as it is defualt (8085).

Do u think we are missing out something from xMII side also??

Regards,

Sushma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean copied?

Did u install the iFix toolkit and api on the xMII server as well , the way Jeremy mentioned?

If you haven't then it won't work.

The case where u said 'I tried this way...' what error did it give you? Was it again 'Invalid class...'?

Better is install both your framework and the iFix UDS on the iFix server itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

I have installed both the UDS Framework & IFIXUDS at the iFix node, and also have configured the start-up parameters & the UDS is running now. Now am not getting that "Invalid String.." error.

Now i gave the IP address of the iFIX system in the data servers in xmii using UDC connector & the port as 56001. When am checking the status of the server it is not active..

What else could i have missed in data server configuration??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems port 56001 is not open for TCP/IP communication.

TO find out you can use telnet

From your xMII server command prompt just do a

telnet <your iFix server name or IP> 56001

Hit enter

If the port's open then all you would have infront of you is a blank Command Prompt otherwise an error like 'unable to open port' etc.

If you find out that the port is not open then may be your networking guys can figure out how to open it up for TCP communication.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

No 56001 is not open for TCP/IP communication. I'll talk to my network ppl reg this. But i've one doubt.. can i use the default port 8085 which is there by default for a UDC connectors in data servers in xmii????

Regards,

Sushma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You sure can .

Only thing you need to be sure of is 8085 is open for TCP communication and there should not be a clash in the port numbers on the iFix server side, meaning 8085 is to be used on by the UDS and no other application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

Thanks a lot.. it worked. The problem was with the port only.. got it resolved.. Thanks to jeremy also..

Regards,

Sushma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

A problem again.. We have iHistorian also installed in the same server as iFix. I am using XMIIIHISTORIAN3_0-20001465 UDS for this Historian which i downloaded from service.sap.com, while configuring the iHistorian UDS, iam getting an "<b>Class not registered</b>" error . Can u tell me pls. what does this mean???

Thanks,

Sushma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing same problem with iHistorian UDS, can u pls help me for solving following problem.

I am trying to add new iHistorian UDS through the UDS Admin ver 2.5.0.4. While running i am getting error as "Unable to start the UDS. See the Application Event Log for details."

In Event Viewer the error is displayed as

1. In Windows 2003 OS.

"Unable to create datasource IHISTORIAN3UDS.DataSource. [Class not registered]"

2. In Windows 2000 OS.

"Unable to create datasource IHISTORIANUDS.DataSource. [Invalid class string

]"

I set following parameters when create new iHistorian UDS.

DataSource: IHISTORIAN3UDS.DataSource

Port: 8085

Server: Machine Name, where installed iHistorian.

and others are give default value.

Can someone please do the needful.

Thanks,

Mehul Garnara.

Message was edited by:

Mehul Garnara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you install the UDS frameworks <b>AND</b> the IHistorian 3 UDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thank you for replying.

Yes I have installed iHistorian 2 Database server, UDS framework 2.5.0.4 and iHistorian 3 UDS 2.5.0.0 on windows 2003 and also on windows 2000 but it didn't work till now on any one.

Can please suggest me if any other configuration required?

Thanks,

Mehul.

Answers (0)