Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worflows based on roles

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to have multiple workflows and trigger them based on roles. For example, I have a workflow with, say, 6 steps and I want to trigger it when a person with 'Marketing' role tries to update a record. Then I have a different workflow with, say, 8 steps that I would like to trigger when a person with 'Power User' role tries to update a record. Is it possible to have different workflows for different types of roles?

If it is not possible then what are the workarounds? Suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

-Y

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, its always possible to assing workflow events to users depending upon there roles. and its also possible to have n number of workflows with different users or roles assigned to each.

Q: How its done?

A: Firstly to create a workflow you need to select the workflow table from the drop down list of tables in the data manager(It will be the last table in the list). then u right click in the right side area of the window and select ADD, this will add a new workflow to your repository. The person using whose user id and password you logged in is the owenr of the workflow(Basically its the Admin). Next when you go to the workflow diagram in MicroSoft Visco you can add different workflow events in that. when you assing an workflow event or activity then there you can specify who is process these step; it depends on the user name or the role. When you requre it to be 'Marketing role' select it from the drop down list.

You have select roles where ever required.

CHARAN

Lead, Follow or Get out of Way

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

Yes, I know all these details but the question is that can you start two different workflows for two different users?

When you create a workflow you mention the triggering event for it. So for example I mention 'Update' as triggering event for the workflow but then can I create another workflow with the triggering event 'Update' and launch it for different user role?