cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD INTEGRATION !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rehman and all CAD experts

Im facing one problem in Autodesk-sap...

if i open a file in autodesk without loggin in to SAP, and after try to save in SAP, im not able to do so?

what cud be the reason?

help ...

Niranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan

Did your issue solved?

If yes reward your points to all helpful answers.

Regards

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Points awarded Rehman

also my problem of not getting loggin in ECC 6 is resolved...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

scenarion

i have cad drawing ready on my system...

now we did PLM mySAP Integration.

now i want to transfer it to DMS.?

now if i open the drawing in Autodesk and try to save it asks me if i want to save in SAP

I click Yes but then link breaks

however it works fine if i m creating new file in autodesk and then saving the same...

did u get my question nw?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

Let me tell you again the concept of CAD Key and binding of CAD drwg with SAP.

When you work on CAD file and save it integrated with SAP, what system does is

Before saving it, the system will generate a unique Key called “CAD. Key”

When you open the DIR and try to open the attachment, it will search for the same “CAD. Key” if its founds then it will open or else it will through an error.

i.e. “CAD.Key” binds the CAD attachment with SAP.

This happens only when you have maintained the <b>hosts file</b> as i told you in reply of your earlier SDN posts.

coming to your scenario,

When you open autocad it will open with a initial screen of mySAP PLM and then you find will find a <b>SAP icon</b> at top right so first you should always login clicking that SAP Icon.

<i><b>It is imperative to use the transaction CAD Desktop in Order to establish the link between the Cad drawing and Document Info Record(DIR )</b></i>

So Choose Save and CADDesktop -

>CADview->Originals-->Check in Original

very important is check the "Closed Icon".

Only this way you can store the Original in secure storage area i.e. establishing the link b/w SAP & CAD.

Hope this should solve your issue.

Best Regards

Rehman

<b>REWARD YOUR POINTS</b>

0 Kudos

hmm then the question is : what is the need for the CAD integration ?

normally the CAD integration takes care of transferring necessary structure from CAD to SAP, eg: once arrived at a development milestone, you transfer your EBOM to SAP, CAD integration creates equivalent Document structure (DMS documents) and then EBOM(materials)....

Then you can open CDESK transaction to manage your objects within SAP and CAD.

From your question, perhaps your file is blocked for the change you're doing in CAD....preventing it's check-in in SAP (?) please clarify what you are trying to achieve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, hopefully you will be able to give me some info regarding cad integration:

I am trying to inegrate SolidWorks with SAP, I am at a point where I try to save the EBOM to SAP, the interface tries to save to SAP but it generates an error(error while checking in...) as it tries to check-in the files into the content server as the files is still active/open in solidworks. What is the correct procedure to save the drawings to SAP through the cad inegration functionality? The SAP content server does not want to check-in files if it is still open in the application?

Rehards