cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP TO webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how to pass the data from abap program to webdynpro . can you tell me if anybody knows.

Thanks,

lanjan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ianjan,

A technology to convert existing ABAP transactions into Web Dynpros is under development and has been shown at the TechEds this year. What you will get is a Web Dynpro for ABAP application, not a Web Dynpro for Java application. Unfortunately this technology is not available yet. It will be delivered with later R/3 (or better ERP solution) based on the Net Weaver version which contains the converter.

Best regards,

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

planing to make a portal from java to abap and abap to web by using Net Weaver. that's why we are asking , because by JCO we can connect to web from sap. For WAS, Jco is the middleware between java and abap. is it still under development?..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi karin,

i thought the Webdynpro for ABAP is going to be a part of WebAS 6.4 and this is what i see in the presentation slides. can you kindly confirm this. Also you had mentioned that the next WebAS download is going to be publicly available in Mid Feb.is this going to be the same as 6.4

V

Former Member
0 Kudos

according to a blog today on this website the webas 6.4 is going to be available this week for download. I am not sure how much is different in that from the real webas 6.4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Web Dynpro for ABAP and the converter are not part of the Sneak Preview II and will not be delivered with SAP NetWeaver 04, but with future releases.

Best regards, Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

WebDynpro for Abap, isn´t that basically done by including the ITS functionality into the WAS? Converting dynpro´s on the fly into the web dynpro format? Correct me please if I am wrong but I thought I just read that somewhere.

Bjorn V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bjorn,

Unfortunately not, Web Dynpro for ABAP is not done by including ITS functionality and converting dynpros on the fly into Web Dynpro metadata.

Web Dynpro Converter is a tool, which allows you to convert dynpros into Web Dynpro metadata. Most of the time it can not be done just by clicking a button and some parts of the dynpros can not be converted anyhow, so you need to do some work to bring the dynpros into the new world. There is a TechEd presentations and tutorials available on that. Please check it out:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/events.sdn?page=teched_emea.htm

and then please go to ABAP259 How to convert your ABAP Dynpro into Web Dynpro Metadata.

Web Dynpro for ABAP will come with future releases of SAP NetWeaver. It provides a development environment: the ABAP Workbench has been extended. You will have the same features and functions as you have in Web Dynpro for Java, it only looks a different to the Eclipse based Java IDE (the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio with the Web Dynpro perspective).

I hope I could make it a little more clear. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Best regards, Karin