cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change name of software component version in IR and ID?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario in which 50 interfaces are there.All interfaces are working fine and we are in Testing stage.

I need to change name of Software component which I have used in IR.

I tried with release transport. I am able to pass all my mapping programs and everything under new software component name. But in ID all configuration objects contain IR objects (Like interface mapping) with old software component name.

Do I need to change everything in ID manually or is there any other way for this?

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,

Gouri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>I need to change name of Software component which I have used in IR.</i>

Software Component Version's are being imported from SLD . you cannot change it in Integration Repository.

<i>

Do I need to change everything in ID manually or is there any other way for this?</i>

View Michal's response here

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratik,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already gone through Michel's Blog and have followed all the steps.

So Currently In IR I am having all my developement under both Software components name. Once all doubts get cleared I will delete old software component from IR.

Now in ID, all the objects are having old software component version.

For Eg. In Interface dertermination Interface Mapping belogs to old software component version.

Now my query is how to change this to new software component version?

Warm Regards,

Gouri

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gorui,

At no place in the ID do you use the Software Component name.

You only provide the interface name and interface namespace.

So, if you are going to use the same namespace value and interface name things will work absolutely fine in the ID as well.

regards

Bhavesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gouri,

<i>For Eg. In Interface dertermination Interface Mapping belogs to old software component version.</i>

<i>Now my query is how to change this to new software component version?</i>

In my opinion u have to change it once and reactivate it.

<i>[Reward if useful]</i>

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for your reply.

I agree we don't use software component in ID. But when you are doing your configuration in ID, you select IR objects.

Eg: In Interface Determination when you specify name of Interface Mapping, you choose it from help. when you click on help it gives you list of interface mapping objects available. There it shows software component version and namespace of that interface mapping.

So in my configuration I have chosen all the IR objects with old software component version.

So when I will delete this old software component from SLD and IR both, will it affect my ID configuration?

Warm Regards,

Gouri

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>In my opinion u have to change it once and reactivate it.</i>

Not needed.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gouri,

If you check this blog , you are able to transfer data even without IR content, i.e, there is no message interface , no namespace in IR and stil this works. Reason, there is no validation if the message interafce exists in the IR. In the runtime the SOAP Header is filled with the interfacename and namespace and it uses these values.

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Likewise, irrespective of which SWCV the interface name and namespace is, things will work fine as long as they exists in the IR in your case.

The SWCV is a means to group objects, it might be displayed while doing the manual configuration but it doesnt matter even if you just key in the values without using the help.

Things will work fine.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks a lot.......It answered all my queries.

Also this blog is fantastic.

Points awarded

Warm Regards,

Gouri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just make sure that the Business Systems etc in the SLD now contain the new Product and SWCV associated with them.

Apart from this I dont think there will be any issue at all.

Regards

Bhavesh