cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define a new "send medium" for a vendor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts!

We are running SRM 4.00 in Standalone ( without XI )

and we would like to add a new send medium (available in the vendor data like fax or mail mediums) that would enable us to send PO thanks to an IDOC towards the EAI .(then the EAI will generate a file and send it to the vendor).

How can I define a new medium type for the vendor, does it exists a customization action in SPRO that enable to do this or have I to fill a transparent table ?

Thanks,

Regards

Damien

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for response ^^

indeed it seems that the send medium values are only defined in the domain BBP_METYPE; previously I tried to add a value in this domain in order to be able to select the value "EDI" as send medium in the vendor administration screens; It seems to work until we generate the PO.

Usually no approval workflow is used for the PO but each time I use my new medium "EDI", it result in the workflow to be blocked in an unexpected step with the status "awaiting approval".

I will ask SAP support as you advice me and hope they will provide me another solution than buying XI.

Best Regards

Damien

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can look at transaction bbp_po_action_def to understand how it is done.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Database table - <b>BBP_SENDMEDIUM</b></u>

<b>Unfortunately the Sender Medium is not saved in any table, but a the Domain Level in Data Dictionary for the domain name - BBP_METYPE (using SE11 Transaction) for Fixed values at Domain level.</b>

e.g,

PRN	Print
MAI	Mail
FAX	Fax
XML	XML / XI

<u>I suggest, you need to go to SAP by raising an Customer OSS Message for this case.</u>

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul