cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter engine queue monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one doubt about adapter engine queue.

We can see adapter engine queue in RWB->Message Monitoring-> Adapter engine-> Display .

Here in queue if one message goes in to system error status, remaining all messages from that queue goes on holding status.

So unless someone manually clears this system error message, remaining messages from same queue will not be processed.

Is there anything to automate this process? Because currently someone has to manually monitor this queue and clear the message if it is in system error.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,

Gouri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your QOS ?

Is it EOIO. If yes, you need to clear the Queue manually as shown in this blog,

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for your reply.

Currently I am manually clearing queue in the same way as mentioned in this blog.

My scenario is EO only but I am using file splitting approach.

Here I am getting one source file which I am splitting into two. Due to which XI internally generates a queue and consider it as EOIO.

As every half an hour source data is coming, everytime someone has to manually do the monitoring.

So is there any other intimation for this queue?

Warm Regards,

Gouri

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>So is there any other intimation for this queue?</i>

You do have CCMS which can be used for Queue Monitoring as well. Maybe you can consider that option.

Am still not sure on what the problem here is. I know you gave it a shot, but this sounds interesting and so can you please elaborate?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I am getting a PO file from source system which contains data and control record. But target system expects two different files for data and control. So in mapping program I have done this.

When interface split happens for one scenario and the multiple messages are going to the same receiver, an internal queue name is generated from the message ID of the original message, to ensure that the correct processing sequence is maintained. As a result, the quality of service switches from EO to EOIO. Here is the reference link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/28/68073c8e56f658e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Also can you please elaborate on CCMS?

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,

Gouri

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gouri,

In your interface determiantion, have you selected option, <b>Maintain Interface Order AT RunTime</b> . Deselect this and try this out. Think your issue should be now resolved.

Meanwhile to answer abt CCMS and Queue Monitoring, refer this,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f7/2c4b3f53275003e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh and Anand,

My requirement is data file should go first and then control file. If I remove this checkbox then will it affect my requirement?

What will be the sequence of file while generating on target system?

Also I am having one scenario where I am using EOIO. That means in this case I have to do manual monitoring.

Is there any SAPNOTE or SAP official document that says this process can not be automated. Because I need to tell this to customer and he will require official doc for this.

Warm Regards,

Gouri

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gouri,

Maintain Interface Order at Runtime ensures that sequential processing.

If you want it to continue then you need to keep this option. But if a message errors out you need to manually correct things.

Like I pointed you can use CCMS to mmonitor the Queue's Automatically. If messages are stuck in a Queue a notification etc is possible using CCMS.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gouri,

If I understand it right you are doing a mapping based message split.

In the interface determination uncheck the quality of service 'Maintain Order at Runtime'. This should prevent it from forming an EOIO queue.

Thanks,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anything to automate this process?

<i>I dont think so. Let me know if you get to know one way</i>

regards

krishna