Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry and WD4A

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've been trying to find out if WD4A supports a Blackberry (or mobile devices in general) or not. I read a few threads already, however, there seem to be some contradictions. Some people are saying: 'Since WD Java and WD ABAP are basically the same, both support mobile devices'. Others on the other hand, say, only WD Java supports mobile devices. But all these posting are quite 'old'. So my question is:

Is there anyone out there how can shed some light on this issue? Does WD ABAP support mobile devices or not? If not, will it somewhere in the (near) future. If so, do I need to make some additional settings on the client / server side to get it to work properly?

We're currently on NW2004s SP 10.

Kind regards,

Micky.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WDA is definitely not supported for mobile devices, see https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/HardwareandSoftware#HardwareandSoftware-9.100

Regards, Heidi

PS As of now there are not plans in this area for future development, if you want to pose a development request, best contact SAP

Message was edited by:

Heidi von Geisau

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Heidi for your quick reply.

Is there a reason why WD4A does not and will not in the (near) future support these mobile devices? Seems to me a bit of a missed opportunity and a real disadvantage opposing WD Java!!?? Correct me if I'm wrong.

P.S. I already read about this in the Wiki, but since it was last edited back in nov. 2006, I thought there might already be some changes or plans in that direction.

Kind regards,

Micky.

SergioFerrari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Micky, I completely agree with you (and I see the some regarding Safari that should be the only browser supported by the iPhone)...

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micky,

you can use WDA on mobile devices with a full Windows OS. I have seen some small Tablets like this <a href="http://www.fujitsu-siemens.de/Resources/124/1432776917.jpg">Siemens Stylistic</a> on this years cebit which are of course larger and more expensive than pocket PCs,but they are running a full IE(on XP or Vista) and so WDA should work on this mobile devices. With other mobile browsers like Pocket IE on Windows Mobile 2003+2005 Heidi is right.I tested these browsers with WDA(SP7 last year) and they could not render it. I got the best Results with Opera's Mobile Browser.This Browser was able to render some UI-Elements.But it also wasn't really working:-(

Regards

Frank

Answers (0)