cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Profile Parameters - Need Clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a doubt, which is bugging me since y'day.

1) In the central SLD system, the exchange profile parameter of QA system "com.sap.aii.landscape.name" should address to the hoast name of DEV or QA?

2) I have a situation, when it is was addressing to DEV, i got an error in the tracefile as " <Trace level="1" type="T">exception while reading from SLD:Exception in SLD client: AbapSLDRequestHandler.execEnumerateInstances(): User credentials are invalid or user is denied access</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">error reading details from SLD for Adapter Engineaf.qxi.sapxitrn</Trace>"

when I changed that to QA hostname, tht error got resolved.

3) Will this effect QA environment, when you restart the system? (Ex: like missing of BS, TS etc.. etc..)

Need your expert opinion on this.

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this parameter <i><b>Contains the hostname of the landscape directory server (SLD).</b></i>

What this implies is that this should be the location where the SLD is running.

In your case I think the SLD is installed on the QA box and that is why when you set this prpoerty to the QA hostname it is working fine.

Go to the Dev box and see the URL of the SLD link. What is the hostname that it contains? If it is the QA hostname, then your Dev and QA share the same SLD and the SLD is running on the QA Server.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh,

It is not containing the host name of QA. The url's are as follows:

http://sapxitrn:50000/sld/index.jsp

http://sapxidev:50000/sld/index.jsp

>>If I change the host name to QA host, will this effect QA environment, after you restart the system? (Ex: like missing of BS, TS etc.. etc..) ?

I hv faced this problem and I have exported the BS, TS to QA and I have also changed the parameter name to dev host. Now the system is working fine, but i cldn't come to any conclusion, why it was behaved differently in the previous situation (trace error).

plz clarify my doubt.

regards

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The 2 Urls of the SLD imply that they are independent SLD's.

In this case, the URL in the exachnge profile of your Dev should be the dev's value and the QA's should be the QA's values.

Maybe at some stage you got confused as to which exchange profile you were referring into and made some change without knowing it.

The transportation of the SLD objects has nothing to do with the Exchange Profile. Basically the SLD level objects are nothing but a XML File confirming to the CIm standard

I would suggest that you recheck the Exchange Profile parameters and make sure that the Dev Exchange Profile is pointing to the Dev server and QA to the QA server.

You transportation will not get affected due to any change in the Exchange Profiles.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Bhavesh,

This is what I am trying to prove.

hey, one more question, If the QA landscape parameter addresses to Dev SLD Host, then wht cld be performance of QA? you know, why I am asking is, though the parameter contains the SLD Hostname of DEV, seems it's working fine. What are the pros & cons in this particular situation?

Regards

Message was edited by:

Vijaya Lakshmi MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

one more question, If the QA landscape parameter addresses to Dev SLD Host, then wht cld be performance of QA? you know, why I am asking is, though the parameter contains the SLD Hostname of DEV, seems it's working fine. What are the pros & cons in this particular situation?

regards

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Recommends a Single SLD . Your perfromance will not be affected in any ways if you use a single or multiple SLD's.

Your maintenance costs will though.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Seems my qstn is not clear, What my doubt is, in your previous post you made it clear that dev environment shld hv the SLD hostname of Dev and QA shld hv QA SLD hostname. In my case, my QA exchange profile is still contains the name of Dev SLD hostname and it is working fine. I wld like to know that whether this will create any problems / performance issues in future?

regards

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be frank, I have no clue Why dont you try reverting back and give this a shot?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh God! that is the issue now. I been told by client's basis guy, that I shldn't change this parameter to QA SLD Hostname from Dev SLD Hostname. Because I have changed that (in the previous instance), all my Business Systems & Technical Systems were went missing, after a restart. So, I wanted to get clarified, whether I am right or wrong.

plz help me out.

regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) In the central SLD system, the exchange profile parameter of QA system "com.sap.aii.landscape.name" should address to the hoast name of DEV or QA?

<i>QA</i>

Regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna.

Experts, I want your all opinions on this. Anxiously waiting for that.

regards