cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Securuty log for adapter engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we have a problem when accessing the XI via SOAP adapter - we recieve the error message HTTP 401 unauthorized ...

As far as we understand the user exist with the relevant authorization.

In the XI security log (in the visual admin) there is no trace for that connection ...

Does the adapter engine has its own security log, where we can see the failure reason?

Regards,

Yaki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it the sender SOAP adapter?

Does the user being used have the roles of PIAPPLUSER?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Yes, the sender is the SOAP adapter.

The user has the role SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER

any idea?

Regards,

Yaki

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.Check if profiles have been generated for this user.

2. check if the URL in the WSDL correct. check section 3.2.2 of this document for the Correct WSDL Url to be provided,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d23cbe11-0d01-0010-5287-873a2202...

3. Finally take a look at this blog for troubleshooting tips,

/people/william.li/blog/2007/04/17/debugging-webservices-in-a-soap-receiver-scenario

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for the information, but we're still at the same situation.

Are you familar with any security log for the adapter framework?

Regards,

Yaki

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the status of the Sender SOAP adapter, has the messge reached it? I think the answer would be No. But still worth a shot.

Meanwhile as an Alternate and a better way to do this can I suggest using the URL as in Stefan's Blog,

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/21/using-the-soap-inbound-channel-of-the-integration-engine

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to Stephan's Blog, all our WSDL's url is the Integration Engine directly and not the SOAP adapter ...

We create the WSDL using the WSDL wizard in the Integration Directory, any idea?

Regards,

Yaki

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When creating the WSDL in ID , you will have an option Propose URL. Select this option instead of manually keying in the URL and this URL will be the URL pointed by Stefan in his blog.

In the next set of steps, givethe valid interface name, namespace etc and the finbal URL will be what is in Stefan's blog.

In this case the message will be sent directly to the IE and you do not need a Sender SOAP adapter and a Sender Agreement.

regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I understand from the SOAP url whether it points directly to the engine or to the SOAP adapter (followed an example)

http://milano.bezeq.com:8040/sap/xi/engine?type=entry&version=3.0&Sender.Service=BSKarat&Interface=h...

Regards,

Yaki

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Can I understand from the SOAP url whether it points directly to the engine or to the SOAP adapter

Yes of course.

If you have the port 80xx in the URL then -->Directly to IE

If you have the port 5xx00 in the URL then -->Adapter Engine

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the port or even the URL.

The URL for posting the message to the IE is ,

<b>sap/xi/engine?</b>

and the URL when you try to post it to the AE is,

<b>port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel</b>

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you both,

What is the cause for that different (where in the SOAP creation I choose the Integration Engine)?

As I understand we go directly to the Integration Engine, what is the equivalent url for the SOAP adapter?

http://milano.bezeq.com:8040/sap/xi/engine?type=entry&version=3.0&Sender.Service=BSKarat&Interface=h...

Regards,

Yaki

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (0)