cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Server Parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie XIers,

Why in RFC sender we have give details for Application Server Gateway),Appliocation Server Service (Gateway) and Program ID forRFC Server Parameter.Can any one clearme up conceptually.......

Thanks in advance!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biplab,

Application Server Gateway means the host name of the RFC sender system. Second option is for gateway service of the FRC sender system. Program ID is of server program that is already registered. This program ID is basically used while registering RFC destination.

Regards,

Subhasha

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You XI is the initator of the connection in the case of Sender RFC adapters.

Even though it is R3 that sends data to XI, it is XI that initates the connection between XI and R3 and that is why in the sender RFC adapter you provide the Server Details andthe prgram Id. The connection is identified using the program ID.

When R3 wants to send data it uses the TCP IP Connection in which the program Id is maintained and using this identifies the establised connection and then sends data to XI.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh....

Actually i m now facing a diff. type of problem.I am not authorize to use tranction sm59. i min to say i can't create any program id.Is there any way....i min can i use already existing Program ID...or any other method by which i can create Program id....

thanks

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. You need to create the TCP IP connection on the R3 system and provide the Program id , the same as in the SenderRFC adapter

Regards

Bhavesh