cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering Server stub into SAP server

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to write .net code using SAP.Net connector to call them into SAP Server and how to register them.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a RFC on R3 is somthing like create a proxy on dotnet side, for dotnet to call R3, in the import RFC case.

Now as the dotnet will be a RFC server, the proxy RFC should be exist in R3, right?

And according to your said, maybe the TCP/IP configuration is still unavailable.

btw, maybe you can add my msn and have a talk.

It is in my business card, you can find it.

I think maybe you are not vert familar with the SAP R3.

An interactive talk maybe useful.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, about the gateway configuration, you can reference the following:

For the parameter Gateway Host, you should enter the hostname or IP address of your SAP application server. The value for the parameter Gateway Service is usually SAPGW<XX>, where the XX is the system number of your SAP system.

you can find your system number when login the R3, it is a parameter written in the GUI login tools.

And create a RFC on R3 side, named a same name with your dotnet side. keep the interface same with the dotnet side.(include paramter type, parameter name)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Very thanks for your reply.

Now Iam clarified about that configuration part

As Iam new to SAP.net Iam not able to understand how to create RFC at R3 side and why to create.Please give me the clear Idea about calling RFC Server program into ABAP.

after configuring when I click on Test Connection it is giving following error "Program RFCDEST1 not registered / CPI-C error CM_ALLOCATE_FAILURE_ENTRY".

please clarify the above so that I can go further.

Give me complete steps to register and calling the .net program into SAP.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the former one said

CALL FUNCTION 'netFunction' DETSINATION netDestination

is the way to call in SAP, 'netDestination' is the name you create in SM59

Then, if your call test in se37 is successful, start the RFC server on dotnet side, then run the caller program, it will goes well.

(you should create a RFC in SAP side, can have no code, but the interface should be same to the one you register in dotnet side)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you told (you should create a RFC in SAP side, can have no code, but the interface should be same to the one you register in dotnet side).

Would you please explain me about this part clearly?

When creating the RFCdestination it will ask for

GatewayHost:

GatewayService:

What I need to pass for this?Whether Gateway for .Net system or SAP System.If I give SAP System when we call RFC Server from SAP system.How does the SAP system will identify where the RFC Server is residing(i.e which system).Plese clarify all my doubts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I have created a RFC Destination using transaction SM59 with programID.Iam not getting how to call that in SAP Server.I got code to write ABAP program by giving RFCdestination.

My .net application is running on one more system how the RFCDestination identifies this particular .net RFC program.Please give me architecture how it works and also steps.Actually Iam new to SAP.Net connector.

Its urgent

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I have develop a RFC server several months ago.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/collaboration.sdn?contenttype=url&content=https%3A//forums.sdn.sap.com/p...

you can reference it, it any problem, tell me please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

calling from Sap

CALL FUNCTION 'netFunction' DETSINATION netDestination

Register .Net Server in Sap via tansaction 'SM59'

A detailed description you will find in the SAP Connector documentation (->Server Programming)

Regards

Gerhard Rausch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you have any sample code for registering or steps via trasaction 'SM59'.

Thanks for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry for repeating myself. In the SAP.Net Connector documentation you'll find a detailed description including some sample code. Just look at "Overview" -> "Server programming" -> "How to Build a Simple RFC Server in .NET". The sample code files are distributed via .Net Connector MSI file too.

Regards,

Gerhard