Doubt on proxy at server side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had doubt on server proxy , if any professionals working on server proxys

plz assist me.

my quest are

1.For server proxy config what has to be done on sxmb_adm

for configuration of abap proxy runtime.

2.where does creation of rfc destination comes into picture while creating

server proxys?

3.In to file to proxy scenario d.t,m.t,m.i are created for file structure and proxy structure & while creating proxy in receiver syst how does this inbound interface appears in transaction SPROXY?

4.In server proxy after implementing InBound functions ,sproxy contains method ,the content of this method has to be filled ? what content should be filled in method ?

5.what has to be done in transactions SLDAPICUST,SAPSLDAPI?

Plz kindly answer to my questions as many as possible & points will be rewarded.

Regards,

Smitha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Smitha,

Question 1 and 2 and 5 , the answer lies in this blog,

<a href="/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies">How do you activate ABAP Proxies?</a>

Question 3 --> You maintain the Connection as per the above blog and using these details SPROXY is able to connect to XI's integartion builder and display all the interfaces in your IR.

Question 4 --> The execute method should contain the implementation logic. XI is sending some data to the R3 system. What should be done with this data? In most cases the functional team will define a set of tables into which this data has to be pushed and you write the ABAP code to do this in this method.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha.

To use proxies, we first need to establish a communication between XI and the R/3 systems. this is to be maintained in transaction SLDAPICUST.

And once you create a server proxy in transaction SPROXY, a method is created with the structure that is defined in the Integration repository and we have to provide the implementation for that method, something like

method ZII_EMPDETAILS_IN_MI~EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS.

• **** INSERT IMPLEMENTATION HERE **** ***

DATA:

lv_ID type ID,

lv_NAME type NAME,

lv_ROLE type ROLE,

lv_LOCATION type LOCATION,

lv_COUNTRY type COUNTRY.

• Convert Input Parameters

lv_ID = input-EMPDETAILS_MT-ID.

lv_NAME = input-EMPDETAILS_MT-NAME.

lv_ROLE = input-EMPDETAILS_MT-ROLE.

lv_LOCATION = input-EMPDETAILS_MT-LOCATION.

lv_COUNTRY = input-EMPDETAILS_MT-COUNTRY.

call function 'ZEMPMASTER'

EXPORTING

ID = lv_ID.

NAME = lv_NAME.

ROLE = lv_ROLE.

LOCATION = lv_LOCATION.

COUNTRY = lv_COUNTRY.

endmethod.

next, write a report program in se38, that calls this method when required.

hope this clears some of your doubts.

Regards,

Hari

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Smitha,

Basically you will have to establish a connection between your R3 system and XI.

ie to mean that your R3 will be configured as a Application system and XI will be your integration server.

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies - ref that blog to help u establish a connection. - this sud help answer most of your queries

<i>3.In to file to proxy scenario d.t,m.t,m.i are created for file structure and proxy structure & while creating proxy in receiver syst how does this inbound interface appears in transaction SPROXY?

4.In server proxy after implementing InBound functions ,sproxy contains method ,the content of this method has to be filled ? what content should be filled in method ?</i>

>>>

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the following blogs for more info

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

/people/rashmi.ramalingam2/blog/2005/06/25/an-illustration-of-java-server-proxy

regards

krishna