cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing accept status to Historian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am trying to display ERP data and Historian data in one Dashboard.

One buuton is there.After I click on Accept can I pass that status to Historan.That status is input for further process.

-Vijaya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which historian? Currently, I think that writing data back to the historian is supported for OSI PI and iHistorian (and you can probably also write to Wonderware InSQL using their OLEDB interface).

- Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Yes iHistorian only.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijaya,

iHistorian (GE Proficy Historian) supports a Mode called CurrentWrite. If you haven't already done so you will need to download the installation for the UDS (Universal Data Server) from Service Marketplace. The instructions on how to get this connector installed and operational can be found in the help documentation included with the UDS. When you create the Data Server don't forget to enable the Writable property, then when building your interface and query template it should be as simple as assigning the TagName.x and the corresponding TagValue.x for the writeback to iHistorian. The iCommand applet would be the proper way to run the query following the user pressing the 'Accept' button. If user tracking is needed you can also add a display template for the electronic signature and revalidating the user's credentials (see help.sap.com for more details on the electronic signature aspects of an iCommand display template).

Regards,

Jeremy Good