Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Mix in PP/DS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We want to design a scenario as follows:

Demand plan is released from DP to PP/DS in weekly bucket. Requested delivery date of all the Sales Orders for the month are the first day of the month. Forecast consumption strategy 20 (planning with final assembly). Since sales orders will consume the forecast, net requirement will be at the beginning of the month (for the consumed forecast). For the unconsumed forecast, the requirement date is the beginning of the week. However, we want to create a production plan as a mix of several product groups for each day. For instance, if we have a sales order of Product1 for 10 pieces and the daily capacity is 10 pieces, I do not want system to plan 10 pieces of Product1 for a day, instead, I want system to calculate monthly net requirement for a month, and distribute the production plan to days for every product. Is there a way we can do this in PP/DS? OLTP system is not a DI system, as far as I know Model Mix Planning cannot be used with standard R/3. Can you please comment if we can use MMP with R/3? If we cannot, can you help to find another way to design the scenario?

Thanks in advance,

<b><i>Ergul</i></b>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ergul

sorry but am not clear here.... can you explain your time buckets a little more in detail

did you mean your DP is in weekly buckets and PPDS is in Daily buckets (because you said you wanted to make a daily plan) and the sales orders for the month are going to be in the first day of the month

Have you modelled this in the current state? I believe if my assumption above is true, your forecast will be broken into days and your sales order date will consume the first days forecast and depending on your consumption mode setup look at the buckets around it. I can imagine to be very messy in the consumption view

but if both your DP and PPDs are in weekly it might be slightly different,

your first weeks bucket will be consumed by the sales orders bunched there and sart consuming in days but from the weekly buckets around it.

I suggest you should look at a development at splitting your sales orders into weeks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish

For clarity PP/DS does not work in buckets, it uses order-based livecache and as such is given a specific date and time on order creation. When you view PP/DS orders through an SNP transaction, SNP has to decide which of it's buckets the PP/DS orders belong to.

Ergul

Do you mean that you want every product made everyday?

Former Member
0 Kudos

my mistake... i shouldve mentioned time buckets his SNP planning books are using... since he is comparing in time buckets i wanted to get the picture he is using clear

thanks for correcting that

haha its a sign that the weekend start here in another 20hrs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

Let me clarify the time buckets we use:

DP plan is in weekly buckets. PP/DS will work as standard (continous). All sales orders have the requested delivery date: 1st of month.

Splitting of sales orders is not something othe departments in the company will be happy.

Ian,

You are right, I want to plan every product (actually product group) made everyday. Depending on the proportion of the demand for each product group (mainly there are 4 product groups), I want to have a balanced production everyday. If I have monthly net requirement 20 for products under product group A, 40 for products under product group B, 60 for products under product group C, I want to produce 1 A, 2 B, 3 C everyday.

One way I can think is creating a dummy resource for each product group, adding this dummy resource to the PDS of corresponding products as secondary resources (for instance DummyResourceA for the materials under ProductGroupA). Then calculating the demand proportions with a custom development, and again with custom development maintaining the daily available resource capacities based on the proportions calculated. The only problem with this solution is that all the routings in ECC(OLTP) must be changed or a userexit may exist to change PDS while CIF'ing (Is there such a userexit?).

Do you have any better suggestion?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers,

<b><i>Ergul</i></b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ergul

Possibly you could look into the functionality of heuristic SAP_MOP_001 - Multiple output planning heuristic, this will create multiple orders and also it has a Badi /SAPAPO/EOG_HEUR that allows you to customise the lot sizes created.

By the way, the Badi for manipulating the PDS is CUSLNTRTO_ADDIN on the R/3 side and /SAPAPO/CURTO_CREATE on the APO side.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

here is a crazy idea

Send the Net requirements KF back to DP - First to a monthly Planning Area say PAB. This will consoliate the Sales and forecasts

Then from PAB to another DP daily plannign area PAC - this will break up the net requirements to daily

then back to the SNP planning area this time to a different Kf which you can use for PPDS

is this flow clear??

automate all this and you wont even know this is happening (it will not be instantaneous like regular SNP but you need to do it along with the first transfer of DP to SNP)

i know... it is crazy but it might work

hemantkorlekar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use MMP in APO-PPDS if you are using VC and your SO s are using a highly configurable material with object dependencies and all. There is a algorithm - Prioritised equal distribution which will split the planned orders into smallar quantities and distribute evenly. Other algorithms also can be explored.

If you want to convert the Planned order (got after a MRP in ECC for the sales order) and split it into equal parts over a month, then you can do that in a Planning table in ECC .

Hope this helps.

Hemant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ergul

You can use model mix planning run in PPDS

I have not worked in MMP in PPDS

regards

Vijay