cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Archiving on Leads

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to implement data archiving on UNIX. I have made some customiziation settings where i have changed the Logical pathname in ARCHIVE_GLOBAL_PATH_WITH_ARCHIVELINK to /usr/sap/<sid>/SYS/global/Archie_File/<Filename> and then assigned it to the physical path. Then the logical file name of ARCHIVE_DATA_FILE_WITH_ARCHIVELINK has been assigned. When i try to archive the lead object, the preprocessing stage and write stage have been successfully finished but i am not able to view the physical files in the specified location.

The directory where the files are to be written has permisisons set to 777. The content repository has been created and the type of documents to be archived are ArchiveLink. The test for content repository also works fine.The directory where the files are to be stored is in different location. Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritvij,

Thanks for explaining the scenario, but some things are not clear. Are you trying to archive data or documents?

I assume it is data archiving, if so there could be many possibilities:

- the variable <FILENAME> should be in block letters as i know.

- have you looked at the job log for any errors? this will be your first point to get any idea of what is going wrong.

- if you are using a external storage and have chosen to start the store job automatically, then after storing the archive file into storage, it will be deleted from your exchange directory.

- make sure you have given the same exchange directory path as in the logical path

- check the archive log whether it was able to find anything to archive, if there were no objects for archiving, then it wont create any archive file

hope this helps,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Thanks a lot for your reply. As you said

- I am archiving business transactions.

- The <FILENAME> is written in the same format in the path.

- The job logs state that the process has been successfully finished but those are not getting reflected in archive selection for delete program.

- I have selected the job option as Delete before storing.

- The exchange path name and the logical path name are same.

- The check on archiving job has been done and there are objects in it.

Even after all this cross verification, it does not work. Please let me know what else can be done.

Regards,

Ritvij Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritvij,

in your first post you said "but i am not able to view the physical files in the specified location", but in the second post you said "The check on archiving job has been done and there are objects in it", can you please explain what exactly you mean by check on archiving job?

other things i can think of are:

- check if you have proper authorizations, check the log in SM21, it may give you more info

- check if you are running the job in test mode

- go to SARA->Management and check the status of the archive session and also when you double click on the archive file of the session, it will show you the location the file is. if it is the file system, it will show you the file system path, if it is in the storage system, it shud tell that the file is accesible in the storage system.

one more thing, you said that you have chosed 'delete before store', by any chance have you already run the storage job? if so you will not be able to see the file in file system and it will probably not allow you to delete. if this is the case, change your setting to store before delete, then you should be able to delete.

hope this helps,

Naveen