cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic entry list in Dropdown List Box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to create a dropdown box in a form whose input is connected to the output of a bapi/query. I want the values of a field in the bapi to the elements of the entry list.

Can anyone tell me how to create the entry list dynamically?

Thanks,

Sruti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

I need to see the values of field in the dropdown that is coming from the data source. I don't think that i need any input for that.

Thanks,

Sruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sruti,

Did you try to get the values in the drop down list from another data service?

Thanks

former_member4251
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sruti,

Please check the input & output port values... if they are well defined, there are not reason for failure

Best Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies!

I had done the same thing (as given in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/96/c33a3382914f6d8aeba11413e3e356/frameset.htm) to create the dynamic list from the query, but no value comes in the list. May be I am missing something in the 'input' and 'output' fields.

Can you please what that thing could be?

Thanks,

Sruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Needs your dynamic entry list input parameters from another data service?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sruti,

I'm having the same problem, did you found what´s wrong? Could you fix it?

Thanks,

Wan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wanice,

Well yes.

Getting values dynamically in a dropdown list in not supported in SP10 , you have to install a patch for it.

Regards,

Sruti

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could someone comment further on this? I am on SP10 and can't get it to work. Are you sure it's not supported in sp10? I'm trying to populate a radio button group using a web service and can't get it to work. What needs to be applied in addition to being on SPS 10?

Thanks, Ken Murray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sruti,

Refer the following thread,

Regards,

Tamil K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sruti,

There are 2 kinds of dynamic entry list, global and local.

If you need to use the same list for several dropdown UI control in the model, click on Tools -> Entry List Manager, add a dynamic list, in the popup window choose your system and search for your query. Define the input and out ports you need and click OK. Assign output values (and input if needed).

If the list is for 1 specific control you can create the control, double click it and in the properties popup, at the entry list tab, you can create a list as described above.

Regards,

Shay

Former Member
0 Kudos