cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCA is not an instance with type liveCache

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear collogues!

According to "SAP NetWeaver 2004s SR1Standalone Engine SAP liveCache Technology: UNIX" after installation of MaxDB aka LiveCache (from LifeCache CD)

It should be done several post installation steps which also involve executing report

"SLCA_NON_LC_RELEVANT_CLIENT" (in this report we must select productive client and choose "LiveCache relevant" radio button???) Ok. At last, step #14: initializing the liveCache instance LCA, which include Enter LCA in the Name of database connection field and Choose liveCache: Monitoring. When I push this button (LiveCache: Monitoring) system outputs "LCA is not an instance with type liveCache" What has been missed?

Please help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TTK
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Ivan

You can check the instance type of a MaxDB with

dbmcli -d <name of db> -u <user name of db admin>,<password of db admin> param_directget InstanceType

(in a command shell)

If this is OLTP, then something went wrong during installation of the liveCache. Unfortunately I don't know details of the installation procedure, you used.

HTH Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas, thanks for reply

yes It seems to be of OLTP type.And this type suppose to be wrong for a Livecache? As far as I remember there were not choise of instance type during MaxDB installation...

MaxDB version - 7.6.02.08 under AIX & SCM 5.0

TTK
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes, it's wrong. It can be either OLTP or liveCache.

The instance type is one of the first parameters, which are determined in the installation. However, there are several possibilities for installation procedures (e.g. a batch script, or via DBMGui, etc.) and I have no knowledge of the one, you mentioned.

Melanie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ivan,

if you install a liveCache using the official SCM CDs the instance type is automatically set to LVC. As this is not the case on your system, we need system access to analyze this issue further. Please open a customer message and store the logon data in the secure area of the message. Please include also the CD numbers you used for the installation.

Thanks,

Melanie Handreck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melanie, thank you for reply

of course system access is impossible due to many reasons, main is security.

Initially we have installed LiveCache using DVD with D51032259 label.

And at present we have installed LiveCache from MarketPlace->Patches-> SCM -> LifeCache (LCAPPS component) -> the latest version of LC

Melanie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ivan,

normally SAP support does have access to customer systems as in many cases problem analysis would not be possible without a connection.

However, we still need a customer message to analyze this issue. If you cannot provide system access, please attach the logfiles of the installation to the message.

Best regards,

Melanie

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution in the last post

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

while creating the instance using DBGUI its showing the error like :24785 the operating system user not a member of database administrator group.

so plz help me to resolve this issue as soon as possible

Thanks

R@J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends, that issue was solved.

Solution was in initializing of the MaxDB instance from OLTP type to LCA.

It was done from Database Management GUI.

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Ivan,

i am getting same problem can u plz guide me to create live cache instance using DBGUI.

my instance showing type is OLTP can u plz tell me how to set OLTP to live cache

its urgent plz send me the clear guidance as soon as possible

Thanks

R@J