cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecture of adapters Engines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Every body,

I am new to XI and I want to know the difference between centrailized and decentralized adapter engines.

Can some one elaborate regarding this.

Thanks in Advance,

avispra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Every XI installtion gets installed with a deafult adapter engine referred to as the central Adapter Engine.

In many cases, when the load is expectedto high for load balancing and SPOF (Single Point of Failure) etc, you can have multiple adapter engines and these addiotnal AE's are called Decentral Adapter Engines.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for your reply.

one more query, where does decentralized adapters will be installed. I mean, are they installed on the same hos(machine) where the XI server is installed or some other host. If it is on other hosts how does it will communicate with XI server.

Thanks,

avispra

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They are normally insatlled on separate SAP J2EE WAS. , i.e, a separate host.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh,

But how does the decentralized adatper will communicate with XI engine. what kind of protocols will it use for communication.

Thans..........

avis

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

>>what kind of protocols will it use for communication

The same set of protocols used by central adapter engine to communicate with the IE ie HTTP.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avispra,

<i>are they installed on the same hos(machine) where the XI server is installed or some other host</i>

Separate machine recommended

<i>If it is on other hosts how does it will communicate with XI server. </i>

The SLD of the decentralize adapter engine will point to the integration server of the central XI

<i>[Reward if helpful :)]</i>

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (0)