cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in file to file scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a file to file scenario...where i need to collect multiple files and merge into a single file..

i have used a BPM for that....

i have a receive Step which starts process(start process checked), and another recive step(start process unchecked) in a loop to collect files from a location,

but when i start the scenario, the second receiver starts picking files, even before the first receive step(start process checked) picks the message...which is just meant to start the BPM running,

is their any flaw in design.....or else can u suggest something

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudeep,

In your IR Basis components you have a demonstartion on this. Check this for some help on this. Also check this help on this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

satish i saw that BPM....BpmPatternCollectMessage...the first BPM in the list

but in that BPM can u tell me ...how will that infinite loop stops....there's no way out of that loop......

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a flaw in the design.

You need to use A Fork with the 2 receive steps in multiple branches to receive the files.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

bhavesh but the problem is...why the receive without START PROCESS, starts even before the receive with START Process has started the Instance of the BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

u can't remove the start or stop steps in BPM,it will always be there,receive step/steps will come after if

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The sender file adapter has no clue that it is supposed to pick up the file after File from Another adaptre has been made available. The sender File adapter picks the file and passes it to the integration engine, and now the File needs to be send to a BPM that is still not active and hence the file message will be lost.

Exactly why you need to have a Fork with multiple receive steps in multiple branches. Any of the files picked up will trigger the start process of the BPM and BPM will get instantiated.

If you want the sequential order to be maintained with your current BPM design, then the sending application will have to control the posting of files to XI and not the sender file adapter!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

bhavesh...thanks............thanks..................

bhavesh if i refer to the BpmPatternCollectMessage......the BPM present in the http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Patterns of product SAP BASIS,

there they used the same method.....

but i m confused ... how ll the infinite loop ends

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are many different collect patterns which one are you referring to?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i m refering to the first one with the name

BpmPatternCollectMessage

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read through the<b> Message-Dependent Loop</b> in this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/content.htm

The theory for that BPM pattern is explained here. You need to understand the working of a Fork to be able to crack this pattern.

In Branch 1 --> You have an infinte loop contuinally collecting messages.

In Branch 2 --> You have a single receieve step.

The moment both these Branches are executed the Loop in Bracnch 2 will be terminated , ie. , you can keep collecting any nukber of files in Branch 1 but the moment a file of branch 2 is available, the loop is terminated and next step executed.

Regards

Bhavesh

PS : Please mark points for helpful answers. The SDN way of thanking people is marking points for helpful answers so that anyone reading this thread understands which of the answers made sense.

Regards

Bhavesh